Good rigging solutions for SportCraft 222 1983

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hi guys,
I have been trying to figure out the best way to rig out my boat. Currently it is set up for a johnsnon outboard w/trim/controls. I do not have a motor at this time and may switch out to another mfg.
At the end of the day originally the cables were run on the exposed gunnel of the boat. I cannot seem to find how to place these systems under the floor while I have it all open. The electrical connections were obvious and I am replacing those under floor tubes to allow for the new wiring soon to come.
I can't seem to find anything about what size tubing I should place under the floor to allow for any generic rigging solution when I get to that point. Floor is completely removed and when the weather gets better I will be replacing stringers, transom etc as they are already removed.
Any comments appreciated.
TX!
Kevin

PICT0075.JPG

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Good rigging solutions for SportCraft 222 1983

Hi guys,
I have been trying to figure out the best way to rig out my boat. Currently it is set up for a johnsnon outboard w/trim/controls. I do not have a motor at this time and may switch out to another mfg.
At the end of the day originally the cables were run on the exposed gunnel of the boat. I cannot seem to find how to place these systems under the floor while I have it all open. The electrical connections were obvious and I am replacing those under floor tubes to allow for the new wiring soon to come.
I can't seem to find anything about what size tubing I should place under the floor to allow for any generic rigging solution when I get to that point. Floor is completely removed and when the weather gets better I will be replacing stringers, transom etc as they are already removed.
Any comments appreciated.
TX!
Kevin

View attachment 179983

Ayuh,.... Under the deck ain't the greatest place for cables, nor wirin',...

It gets WET under there, which leads to corrosion, 'n all sorta Troubles....

That's why most boats run that stuff down inside the gunnels...

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Re: Good rigging solutions for SportCraft 222 1983

Hey well there...thanks for the feed back. Of course all boats get wet there. "Ayuh,.... " Perhaps yours more than others. In any event maybe I didn't explain that I want to place it in riggin tubing to the outboard. Same as the electrical in another tubing under the deck.
Intelligent info appreciated.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
1983 sportcraft222/cuddy- rehab---under deck steering-riggin solutions appreciated

1983 sportcraft222/cuddy- rehab---under deck steering-riggin solutions appreciated

FLOOR IS OUT, TRANSOM IS CLEANED, STRINGERS REMOVED, GAS TANK OUT. i AM LOOKING FOR SOLUTIONS TO RUN MY STEERING CABLES UNDER THE FLOOR WHILE EVERYTHING IS OPEN. TOTAL REBUILD. JUST CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THE ANSWER OF WHAT SIZE "TUBING" TO USE.
tx! KC
PICT0075.JPG

MOTOR RECOMMENDED IS A JOHNSON 225 OUTBOARD