1976 Aquasport 19.6. cCC..Outboard Engine mounting bracket questions.. Plz help

Ant-Knee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello All,

I have just finished , Well almost finished a complete restore on a 19'.6" / 1976 Aquasport / cc..It had an open transom which I enclosed and am going to add an engine bracket..

I am little confused as where to exactly place the bracket on the transom... ( Don't want to screw this part up)

I have a 1998 merc 2 stroke 150 that will power it, It has a 25" shaft length...
I held the bracket to the transom and measured from the transom to the outside of the bracket, where the motor will bolt to, Is this considered the Backset? The measurement I got was 23-3/4" does this sound correct..

I have read a few different ways to do this but all seem unclear to me,

can someone out there please tell me if I am on the right track here...

Thanks for any help

Ant...

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1976 Aquasport 19.6. cCC..Outboard Engine mounting bracket questions.. Plz help

This boat? MY NEW PROJECT.. 1976 AquaSport 19.6 Could Use A little advise

Since Nov 12, still no pix? 1976 AquaSprt Restoration, HELP NEEDED WITH ENGINE BRACKET PLACEMENT

I stand by my earlier advice:
The transom bracket is used? Else shouldn't it have come w/ directions that should include a layout.....

google.gif
or try an advanced search from the resto forum homepage:

Here's the 1st 15:
Search took 0.10 seconds.

Pix of your rebuilt transom & the bracket you intend to mount would be EXTREMELY helpful, as would it's model# & maker.

W/ numerous available choice in the market, hard to say how the one you have, that I can't see or identify, should be mounted....

Ant-Knee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1976 Aquasport 19.6. cCC..Outboard Engine mounting bracket questions.. Plz help

I.ll get some pics posted tomorrow..

Thank you.

Ant...

Ant-Knee

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here is a picture of the dusky bracket I will be using, Not going to boat today afterall, But will be back at boat saturday... I believe model # is 0599, Hard to see it and tell what it is..

Thanks again

bracket.jpg