Replacing floor in a 1995 Spectrum Pro Avenger

maverick974

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I recently got a 1995 Spectrum Pro Avenger. A 17 footer with a 90 hp Force. The floors are soft so I'm going to tear into it and replace the floors.
I'm just replacing the floors behind the windshields.
I have a few questions. Is the floor riveted or screwed in place?
On a scale of 1-10, how difficult of a job is it?

Just curious.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Replacing floor in a 1995 Spectrum Pro Avenger

Aluminum or fiberglass hull? Either way, pop on over to Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair and search away. Tons of good advice and pics in those threads.

I did a similar job on the boat in my signature, which has a fiberglass hull. The sole ("floor") is bonded to the boat with resin and tabbed around the edges with mat and resin. Not terribly difficult, but the damage to your boat may be more extensive than just the sole (mine was not).

maverick974

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's an aluminum hull with aluminum stringers so I'm guessing it shouldn't be that difficult but before I tear into it, I want to know it's not going to be a nightmare.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

It'll be a "cake walk" compared to a f'glass restore.

Post some pics of your boat and let's see what you have to work with.

The decks will be riveted or screwed, you won't find that out until you tear into it.

On a scale of 1-10 it'll probably be a 5.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

If your already doing the floors I would just plan on replacing the transom while at it,......You'll be most of the way doing the floor, Might as well just be done with it,...