Switzer Craft ?

nissan300z90

Cadet
I might be getting a chance to pick up a 1959 Switzer Craft boat. I have been told that it is a wooden boat and I have seen that it will need new paint. If anyone has any knowledge of these boats I would be very interested in learning more about them before I purchase it. The info I have found online doesnt get into the problems that could be found in these boats and what to look for before you buy.

D

DJ

Re: Switzer Craft ?

Look for "dryrot".<br /><br />Take an assortment of screwdrivers with you. Use them to probe every nook and cranny you can get to. Especially around the keel area and the bottom of the transom.<br /><br />If you find soft wood, turn around and go home.

crestcraft

Cadet

hi, stupid, Isaw this same kind of boat on the original batman shows. It looks exactlt the same. i think it would be a great buy for you i know that i have a boat and it is a lot more fun thatn standing on the docks trying to bum a ride from someone who does have a boat because you look poathetic doing that. hell even the most back cambridge woods dweller has a bhoat why dont you? you should just ask yourself that

nissan300z90

Cadet

Cretscraft, <br /> I believe what you say about owning a boat and will have one shortly. The reason I dont have it yet is that I spent the extra money to upgrade my computer with a spell checker. I believe that if you would have done the same you wouldnt look so "stupdi". Thanks for the input though.

crestcraft

Cadet

Hey, wsup stupid? I believe you are looking at a boat that "they" call a pan america. Now it is to my knowledge that thes are pieces of junk. If i were you i would jack the engine then give it to the first friend that has a boat and no engine. Makes sense doesnt it

nissan300z90

Cadet

I kinda like the boat with the engine on it. My friend that needs an engine should go get some oars till he can afford an engine. How does that old song go?... Row, row, row your boat.

crestcraft

Cadet

I'd be careful, does your "friend" know you have this boat with a working engine on it he might gank it. He would probably hock it at the local pawn store for like $30,and go get a real nice USED trolling motor for the stealth moves at nigh. Hey, I'm just sayin, watcher back.