1984 Ranger 373v bass boat

rjnicks

Cadet
Hello all...I just bought a 1984 Ranger 373 v....Overall the boat is in great shape...I have not taken it into the water yet...I am looking at the livewell area and I see a valve that is connected to nothing..It works by 1 of the levers under the throttle...The other lever works and it is connected to the aerator pump area...I know there is a let in and let out water system...But I cannot seem to figure out what goes where....Need a diagram because I am a excellent visual understander but otherwise I am lost...Thanks

proanglerwannabe

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1984 Ranger 373v bass boat

I can help. I wish I could have found ya earlier. I bought my 86 373v a couple years ago. I made the decision to redo all of the aerators and bilge pumps.
If you still need help, let me know. I dont want to ramble bout something you already figured out.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

My best guess is that it is the fill/recirculate valve,..

proanglerwannabe

Seaman Apprentice

That is exactly what it is. I redid the whole system. The control valves are black with a cable that is from the levers under the shift handle. Call ranger, they offer a rebuild kit and an upgrade kit. I got everything from the aerators to the bilge pumps and control cables with the new valves and new control panel for them for around 200 or so. I thought that was cheap. The kit came with the new panel, 2 new cables, 2 new control knobs, 2 new valves. Then on the side i got 2 bildge pumps, a manual and auto and 2 new aerators with the exterior screens. The through hull fittings need to be the long ones not the standard ones. I bought them from somewhere else. But if you need help please let me know. there is alot of knowledge on these forums. good luck hope this helps.

rjnicks

Cadet

That is exactly what it is. I redid the whole system. The control valves are black with a cable that is from the levers under the shift handle. Call ranger, they offer a rebuild kit and an upgrade kit. I got everything from the aerators to the bilge pumps and control cables with the new valves and new control panel for them for around 200 or so. I thought that was cheap. The kit came with the new panel, 2 new cables, 2 new control knobs, 2 new valves. Then on the side i got 2 bildge pumps, a manual and auto and 2 new aerators with the exterior screens. The through hull fittings need to be the long ones not the standard ones. I bought them from somewhere else. But if you need help please let me know. there is alot of knowledge on these forums. good luck hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies It really helped