1985 Wellcraft 210 Elite Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbillingsley

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My dad gave me his old `85 Wellcraft 210 Elite last month. I've always loved this boat, and still vividly remember the day we went to the marina and picked her out. She was two years old when he bought her, I was eleven. About nine years ago, my sister had her out with some friends, ran through a patch of weeds, and overheated the motor. My dad took the time to do the motor diagnostics (needs a head gasket on one bank), but didn't have time right away to fix it and it was near the end of the season, so fogged and winterized it. After a couple years, he bought a new boat and never got around to fixing this one. This spring, he found that the cover had deteriorated and the floor was soft. So, that's the backstory...

Now on to my restoration project progress...

Towing her home.
Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 10.14.59 AM.jpg

jbillingsley

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1985 Wellcraft 210 Elite Restoration

Anyone know what the maximum file size is for pictures?

jbillingsley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Alright, those are the photos I have so far. I'll start adding descriptions soon.

jbillingsley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Finally got over the flu I had and got back out there today. Finished removing the cockpit floor. Went much faster now that I have a circular saw again (old one walked off.)
20121231_153359.jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

welcometoiBoats-1.jpg

This is gunna be a nice boat. Motor is a good one! Hull design is one of my favorites. Let us know when and where we can be of help

WelcomeAboard.jpg

jbillingsley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks! I'm so glad I found this forum. The extensive documentation by frisco's restos and many others has been hugely helpful already. So far, it looks like I lucked out. Only one bulkhead of the stringer system is rotted. I don't know if it's because the hull is 6" longer than the 20' USCG requirement for floatation foam, or someone skipped that step, but I'm so glad there's no foam in this hull.

jbillingsley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Carpet samples arrived today. Can't find anything as light colored as the original carpet, but these are close. The strip of the original carpet was sandwiched between two panels. Never saw the light of day or any weathering since the day it was installed.
20121231_162131.jpg

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

That 1st pic in # 11 got me dizzy. Must be the angle but sure looks like boat is sitting on top of steep roller coaster ride . Just couldnt help but see that trailer heading downhill....

Good luck to you and the resto.

jbillingsley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, it's a steep driveway. I have 4"x4" chocks under all four wheels. Unfortunately, I have my friend's Jetta sitting in the flat part of the driveway... ongoing legal dispute between the shop that changed her car's oil but didn't drain the old oil first. I did not expect to get the boat when we told her it'd be fine for her to store it in my driveway temporarily (it's now been well over a year.)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

iBoats like 640 x 480 pixels for pics. If you use the Original version of Photobucket you can have it autosize your pics when you upload em.

Status
Not open for further replies.