Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Glue in

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Friscoboater's 1986 Glastron Carlson CVX-18 Complete restoration thread

Glad to hear it was just watching some of your videos last night refreshing myself to do mine thanks for the videos. Great to hear your getting settled with big boat and good luck with sale

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Welcome back, Jay...
Glad to hear the insurance company is gonna take care of "Against the Odds"...it'll be good as new when you get it back...
Can't wait to see you get back on the Carlson...last I remembered you had the interior all gel coated and ready for the next steps...
Looking forward to upcoming updates!
Gus:D

Friscoboater

Captain

Yes Gus, I actually have the engine installed and just need to do a full drive service. Not alot left at all.

nyberg

Recruit

more pictures please,,
glad they fix that big boat u have,u dont have any thread about that one ?

clockwatcher

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes, more pictures please.

How is the water level at Lake Lewisville?
If Grapevine doesn't get more rain soon, I may have to trade the boat in for a dune buggy.

Friscoboater

Captain

The lake level is about 9 foot down. I am starting to really worry

jbcurt00

Staff member

Does the SeaRay moving on mean the CVX is staying thru the up coming season?

Good luck w/ the SeaRay sale & the repairs to the biggin' turn out better then expected.

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good luck with the Sea Ray sale Jay, that's the boat the prompted me to get my Sea Ray and slowly do the restoration. Can't wait to see the CVX splashed in. I may have to make the tip out to Lake Lewisville this season because Lake Lavon is beyond too low for a boat.

Chris

Jeep Man

Commander

Happy to see things are coming around for you Jay. Eagerly awaiting the next semester of Boat Rebuild at Frisco University.

Friscoboater

Captain

Does the SeaRay moving on mean the CVX is staying thru the up coming season?

Good luck w/ the SeaRay sale & the repairs to the biggin' turn out better then expected.

No it will be finished and sold also.

Happy to see things are coming around for you Jay. Eagerly awaiting the next semester of Boat Rebuild at Frisco University.

This will probably be the last semester of the University. The wife wants the garage back, and I just don't have the energy to do it again.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Thanks for all that you've done & posted already.

Again, best of luck w/ the sale of both boats. I'm sure there WILL BE a splash video for the CVX, right?

Friscoboater

Captain

Thanks for all that you've done & posted already.

Again, best of luck w/ the sale of both boats. I'm sure there WILL BE a splash video for the CVX, right?

For sure JB!!!!

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class
Be sad to see the university not having any more classes. I have learned a lot from watching the videos. Thank you Jay for taking the time to make them for the rest of us.

Chris

Barramundi NQ

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello Jay.
After searching for how to replace stringers on youtube I found your video channel. After absorbing everything youve posted I also saw the iboats forum on a large number of your posts, I then began to look at iboats. Now im about to embark on my boat restoration/resurrection. I only can blame you lol for your detailed videos and description that have given me the confidence to do my boat.
thanks university education you've provided me.
All the best from Cairns Australia

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Fellas, please don't reply to topics with no activity for 90 or more days. If Frisco revives it by updating, feel free. But until then, use the information as reference. Between Jay's topics here and his Youtube vids, he's given plenty of excellent instruction.

Sea Stomper

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've always been curious why this upsets admins in this day of mega servers and megabit per second bandwidth. Why is this a problem? Just curious and not the place to ask but I'm asking anyway. In our less traveled humboldttuna.com discussion board we commonly bump 5 and 7 year old threads to the top and nobody makes a big deal out of it.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Why? It's simple. What is anyone other than Frisco adding as information to this topic? No one! And this - "In our less traveled". Smaller forums vs larger, busier forums.

And taking too much time to explain the rules, but here they are. In particular Rule 9 because this is not the place to discuss, but as you state, you will anyway;

Rule 9. If you have questions, concerns, suggestions or complaints about the rules, moderation, or management of this site please contact a moderator via PM or iboats management for discussion. It is forbidden to debate these rules or their enforcement in the forum.
If you have problems, questions, feedback or suggestions about the forums or the iboats website, please post your comments HERE.

Rule 12. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months UN-LESS you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread. This is considered a hijack. Please start a new thread of your own.

All the rules are here, the ones you agree to when signing up - http://forums.iboats.com/forum/forum-rules-and-guidelines/407734-forum-rules

This is last post in this topic unless Friscoboater decides to post further.

Friscoboater

Captain
Hey guys I am back.

I get many questions each day about what happened to the Carlson. Well, it is a long story. My Dad and I started the restoration in 2012 and it took way longer than we expected. We both purchased large yachts and put the project on hold for a bit. Then in the spring of 2015 my wife and I split and were divorced in November of that year. I put the Carlson in storage and there is sat. I lived on my yacht for about 8 months before moving into an apartment. Things kinda went downhill after that. I paid a guy to do the final gimbal assembly and he screwed me over and it did not get done. Things were not going well with my company and money started to get really tight... so she had to go. I took a huge loss on her but she went to a good home and I miss that boat every day.

I am sorry I could not finish it for you guys, but life just took a horrible turn. I hope to one day do another boat, but for now, all I can do is spread my knowledge.

Thank you all that followed this build!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well thank you for all your great vids and boating related info. You have been an inspiration for a lot of guys!
Sorry to hear about your personal nightmares. I'm hoping only the best for you.
KC!