1989 Sea Ray 210 Bow Rider Restoration (My First Restoration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fg2matt

Cadet
I bought a boat with my buddy about 4 months ago, and I decided I was ready for my own. I found this Sea Ray, for a steal I might add, and I knew it was going to need a new deck because of the soft spot by the bow, but the previous owner told me that the stringers and transom were in good shape, and recently checked. Well after looking under the deck and some ripping out of carpet and cutting, I found that every stringer in the boat is rotten, not to mention the motor mounts. I am praying to god that the transom is in good shape and wont need to be replaced, although I'm not betting any money on it. I really should have got this thing checked before I bought it, but it's too late now, and there is no use in crying over spilled milk!

I have never done a boat restoration, and don't really have much knowledge of them, but I'm good with tools and I'm a quick learner so I decided to take on the job. I have about $1500 to spend, and my goal is to get this thing back on the water for new years.

I will most likely be asking tons of questions, and I may get a little repetitive seeing as though this is my first boat restoration.

I recently started tearing out the entire floor and every last bit of foam was soaked!

IMG_7558.jpg

IMG_7563.jpg

Stringers were absolutely trashed.

IMG_7569.jpg

IMG_7576.jpg

IMG_7577.jpg

Most of the stringers and foam are out, now time for some grinding!

IMG_7590.jpg

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1989 Sea Ray 210 Bow Rider Restoration (My First Restoration)

Well you have a great looking platform to start with. I would defiantly check that transom. Form the looks of it it can be done without capping the boat. Probably within two weekends. Welcome to the madness. Lots of great people here to help and give that support when you think you can do any more.

jbcurt00

Staff member
TMWLWN, start a topic about your boat if you have questions.

It's been nearly 3yrs since Matt even logged on to iboats, he's not likely to respond to your post.

Please avoid posting in inactive topics, after 90+days w/ no new posts by whoever started a topic, the topic is considered inactive and should remain inactive until the original poster adds to it.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.