1980 marlin whole deal

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
the other thing is on the side of the hull there is a plywood shelf glassed very poorly to the sides. im going to put them back new. are they structual or just for the side panels. also wood how do i know if the boat has a hook made into it? i think it needs to come out when i flip it. it looks pretty deep . do you grind it and build it up to fairing thickness.
v

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I really need to see pics of the the "Hook" Like Zool said it may be natural but maybe not. Get it flipped and post some pics. Don't think the panels are structural.

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
im getting there, i have to bring my forklift home. to lift cap off. then brace it. i hope i can flip it with fork lift and cherry picker. uhg

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
i cant hold my straight edge and take photos but its up a fat quarter at least. how much does ahull weigh?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
If it's just the hull minus foam, bulkheads and stringers...200 lbs. give or take.

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
has the stringers but its not heavy then.....i think it wont be to bad

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
My 15 footer with deck and stringers was flipped easily with me and two others.

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
this thing is wide...maybe four of us. know one dares answer the phone now lol

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
yeah, 4 could do it for sure. Put it on the ground and tip it up and over. Lots easier that way

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
well its flipped...no way with four guys to wide and heavy.....fork lift and still no fun. ill try and get photos of possible hook in bottom. she is a wide bottomed girl for sure

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
wood, i hate to be a quitter......well i have been offered a deal. 04 cobalt 246 . everything but motor and drive. hull has two holes and scratches from rocks. id rather fix a cobalt. when it arrives ill post photos. much nicer boat and less work

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Uhmmm, don't sound like you're a quitter, sounds more like this...

Us Old Okie Cowboys understand changing Horses (and Boats) as long as it makes Good Horse(Boat) sense. I think in this case it prolly does!!! Get them pics posted soz we can all see what kind of Horse (Boat) Trade you made!!!

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
yea, i will. any idea what resin cobalt uses? i know we can fix it . holes are cantalope size. of course they are where the kevlar is.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Pretty sure they used standard Poly but going back you might wanna consider using VE. It's kinda the best of both worlds.

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

wood picts as promised, complete less , motor and drive no trailer

Attachments

• photo212275.jpg
    photo212275.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212276.jpg
    photo212276.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212280.jpg
    photo212280.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
no windshields either. so you see the major hull damage.....bottom needs gel coat repairs and some work. everything is with it

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
is that mean with the inner hull? yes but there is access to both holes. what do you think

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
standard repair? remove foam, grind inner, replace kevlar then two layers of roving inside overlapping, standard outside repair? replace damaged star board or what ever that is that looks like plywood?
how do i make gel coat paste? a lot of scratches on bottom i think filling some with gel coat would be fine. anything faired i will spray and buff in

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I need a better pic of the hull. A cored hull does have plywood sandwiched between two layers of fiberglass. If that's what it is, you'll need to replace it the same way.