Finnish fishing boat overhaul [Splashed 2017]

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
What's this now? I'll read up on it when I got time. We're late with the splash, putting in 16-17 hours a day but there's still a million things to do :)

jsparks747

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It seems there always is one last thing to do. One last piece of chrome to polish, one last wire to hook up, one more electronics check. Can't wait for the splash though!

Pusher

Lieutenant
This time next year you can look back and breath easy knowing it's all complete :)

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
We've splashed, done our first five day trip and I just got back to our home slip after a five hour solo drive.

The boat is everything I hoped and more, it's sturdy and very easy to handle in heavy seas.

The engine on the other hand is problematic. It doesn't get up to full rpm (and the tach isn't working) and can't handle the alternator belt and forward gear at the sane time. On top of it all it leaks diesel and oil like an old Harley.

But I've got a mechanic on hold and a bunch of new parts coming. I'll post a real update with time in the near future. Thank you everyone for all the help through the years!

Attachments

• IMG_5015.JPG
    IMG_5015.JPG
    389.1 KB · Views: 0

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Congrats! Sorry to hear about the mechanical gremlins, but like kcassells said, you will get them worked out. Glad to hear she is everything you had hoped for!

Tnstratofam

Commander
,fetch-9.jpg

Congratulations on a successful splash. She looks great and I'm sure you'll get the mechanical issues figured out.

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
I wonder what to do with this thread, Photobucket kind of ruined it with their new policy. I'm currently trying to download all the photos and rehosting them on imgbb or some similar service. The process of relinking every photo will take days :I

chevymaher

Commander
I wonder what to do with this thread, Photobucket kind of ruined it with their new policy. I'm currently trying to download all the photos and rehosting them on imgbb or some similar service. The process of relinking every photo will take days :I
Yes photobucket seem to be kind caring people. If you are money.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
iT'S A REAL CRAPPER SAYS i! I went back to a few years and then some for research....all the pics are simply gone. Years of work with noway to put back. So many guys have moved on.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i use imgr i need to go and snag my pics but i have moved most over already ... screw photobucket

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
We've splashed, done our first five day trip and I just got back to our home slip after a five hour solo drive.

The boat is everything I hoped and more, it's sturdy and very easy to handle in heavy seas.

The engine on the other hand is problematic. It doesn't get up to full rpm (and the tach isn't working) and can't handle the alternator belt and forward gear at the sane time. On top of it all it leaks diesel and oil like an old Harley.

But I've got a mechanic on hold and a bunch of new parts coming. I'll post a real update with time in the near future. Thank you everyone for all the help through the years!
ahh ai good shakedown id say, those issues are minor ones it ran it moved and didn't sink , win win win :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Just on a rant... cause like I said I went back yearssssssssssssssssss....All gone. All that history. No biggy fillin in the current stuff, pia... but like 15 years of stuff just gone. Did it even happen?
Chev sorry for the bump..your on a roll!

Ned L

Commander
Congratulations!! She looks great in the water. You'll have the engine detail sorted out in short order.

Pusher

Lieutenant
Congrats on the splash!!!!! She's the prettiest one in the bunch in your photo and likely always will be. Great job on the rebuild and an even greater job taking the time to enjoy her right. A five day boat trip sounds awesome