Finnish fishing boat overhaul [Splashed 2017]

Pusher

Lieutenant
I thought something looked different about the rails :) looks awesome!

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer

Another angle. Nothing much has changed but all the rails are installed (narrow spaces and a lot of sweating), had to stop for today when I realized the cleats need bigger bolts than I have.

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
Haha! Nice one. It's all good, slow progress duribg the weekends between shooting this tv-show. Everything ought to be done by the 22nd of July. Postponedmy gf's vacation by a week just to make sure everything is done when we're supposed to depart.

Got a lot of small stuff done during the last few weeks, installed most of the electrical stuff and been polishing hatch covers etc. Will post a decent update soonish!

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does one hatch fits all :rolleyes:

Just hope you remember where each one goes :lol:

looking good

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer

Finally got to removing the ancient keelguard for paint and body work. Was sure that it won't be a walk in the park removing the old bolts embedded in a mixture of sand and polyester, but to everyones surprise we managed to remove all but one with the nuts and threads intact. Now the reinstalling will be a breeze in comparison to the alternatives.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
You are really close to launching now. About 3 more weeks to maiden voyage?

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
Yep! I've got a total of 11-12 days to work with the boat myself left, been doing 15-20h shifts snd hoping I'll make it. Luckily the body work and painting is being done by professionals, likewise the remaining electricity and some carpentry is being worked on by others. We just might make it, but it will be tight!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Once again, very nice work. But what else should we expect. :thumb:

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks guys! There's a million small glitches, pinholew and scratches here and there, but the overall look is good enough for me!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Now that is alot of happy people! Must be done for the day. Lots of great work.Glasses seem a little empty though. Good for you!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You're having a party!. Wait and see when she is launched. :D