What's it worth? 2000 Nitro NX 882 with 150hp Mercury XR6?

honda460ex

Seaman
Looking at buying another project bass boat. The boat was hit in the transom by another boat and has some internal transom damage. The boat was totaled by the insurance company. I have a good friend who works at the yard this boat was brought to and will be auctioned off from. By looking at the rear of the boat you would never know it had taken the lick it did. Very few and very minor surface stress lines on the gelcoat near the jackplate. The boat was hit in the rear corner. When looking inside the back the only visible evidence of damage is the far right side where it was hit. Looks like Nitro had a support beam that goes width wise across that sits on its edge and against the transom. The piece is maybe 3 inches wide, 4 inches tall, and runs the entire span of the transom across. It looks like it may have snapped that support where the brunt of the force hit the boat. The fiberglass there is cracked. Only problem, I don't know if it only snapped that support as it would have been the strongest element being laid on its side running the width of the transom, or if the transom didn't flex at all and it maybe snapped the transom deeper than just that cross support. Like I said, the outside of the hull shows none of this damage though. So I am thinking if I get lucky I may be able to cut the support out with out splitting the hull and replace it from the back hatch access. If not, then i guess a new transom would be in order. Everything in the rear sounds rock solid with no clues of water saturation. So long story short, what do think this project boat would be worth in its condition? On another note, my friend also contacted the previous owner and found out that the motor runs good and was not damaged. What kind of price would some of you all be willing to spend for a project boat like this? Opinions? I am looking to keep it once done, not sell and make money.