1981 Bayliner Victoria 2750 - Restore or Bust

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Great to see this post revived. She is a nice boat, and those cabinets are sweet. Looking great.....but she needs to be IN the water.....next year. Lol.

Captain Ollie West

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How is the Victoria?

Mine has been on the hard for a few years now. Some idiot didn't winterize it correctly ... :cry:

I picked up a 19 foot Bluewater Cuddy a couple of years ago. Didn't have the time to deal with the Victoria. It has been a good boat.

My current plan is to use the 350 out of my Son's pickup and swap the marine parts from the Mercruiser 350.

Billkuma

Cadet
GWPJR & GWPSR,
Well...I just finished the entire novel of your Sunbridge restoration, from GWPSR's literary introduction on 8/4/12 to his latest post on 10/27/20 on this thread. Very impressive!

Your approach was very engineerish and, of course, successful. If I recall, you're both engineers. Are you EEs, mechanical?, chemical? I also noticed that you both prefer the same hair style.

I read every single post since I have a 1985 Bayliner 2150 Sunbridge that I'm working on getting back to a functional family fisher/cruiser. Granted, it's 6 feet shorter than your project, but I noticed a lot of the same issues and familiar layout of the two forms. I started reading yesterday and finished this morning although three acres of lawn were calling my name. So, I donned my headphones to block out the calls and kept reading.

GWPJR, it was very nice of your father to let you gain all that experience while he sat around and strategized. :) (I'm a 75-year-old father of a 9-year-old daughter, so I understand his mindset - I ain't dead yet.)

But, seriously, folks, I'm sure everyone who followed your epic is impressed with your tenacity, patience, and ingenuity. It was also inspirational for those of us who have similar - but hopefully less effortful - projects in mind. Did you come up with a name yet? Blue Grandpa maybe?

In any event, thank you for all you have donated to our experiences and knowledge.

GWPSR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
GWPJR & GWPSR,
Well...I just finished the entire novel of your Sunbridge restoration, from GWPSR's literary introduction on 8/4/12 to his latest post on 10/27/20 on this thread. Very impressive!

Your approach was very engineerish and, of course, successful. If I recall, you're both engineers. Are you EEs, mechanical?, chemical? I also noticed that you both prefer the same hair style.

I read every single post since I have a 1985 Bayliner 2150 Sunbridge that I'm working on getting back to a functional family fisher/cruiser. Granted, it's 6 feet shorter than your project, but I noticed a lot of the same issues and familiar layout of the two forms. I started reading yesterday and finished this morning although three acres of lawn were calling my name. So, I donned my headphones to block out the calls and kept reading.

GWPJR, it was very nice of your father to let you gain all that experience while he sat around and strategized. :) (I'm a 75-year-old father of a 9-year-old daughter, so I understand his mindset - I ain't dead yet.)

But, seriously, folks, I'm sure everyone who followed your epic is impressed with your tenacity, patience, and ingenuity. It was also inspirational for those of us who have similar - but hopefully less effortful - projects in mind. Did you come up with a name yet? Blue Grandpa maybe?

In any event, thank you for all you have donated to our experiences and knowledge.
Just took it out today. And promptly spun the prop on the way out. So now I'm shopping for a replacement.
We're both in IT, but have been involved in a lot of projects from construction to automotive over the years.