Cleat Help!

JeremyG

Recruit
The bow cleat on my boat is coming loose, and it needs to be tightened so that the rigging and anchors can attach to the cleat. How is it attached, and what can I do to tighten the screws on the cleat? Please Help!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Cleat Help!

You should post this question W/ a picture. I have no idea what your cleat looks like or how it attaches. So I couldn't help you solve that question.......

EDIT: How odd is that... A Jeremy G here, thread started 10 minutes before the next thread by Jeremy W........

Sorry Jeremy, except the crestliner comment, all else remains the same...............

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Cleat Help!

Welcome to iboats.

It could be attached with visible screws or blind ones from the bottom.

You are going to find it necessary to contort yourself and get to the underside of the cleat. If you can not tighten it then it may be necessary to replace it. Be certain to replace the cleat with a backing plate to make it stronger since the old one was failing.

iboats sells them http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Ac...words.cleat--searched.1--session_id.928834475 and most marina's too as well as walmart.

The backing plate is best made from metal or hard wood or plywood but at least longer and wider than the cleat installed.