URGENT New Improvements are coming to this section READ

TurboM700

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: URGENT New Improvements are coming to this section READ

Now there's a switch OB to I/O conversion!!!!!

Exactly while I did it and it was cheaper then buying a a 140hp 4-stroke. I have about grand into the motor/outdrive and the building of the 3rd pontoon for it to sit in. Granted I have about 60hr of TIG welding but my labor is free. :)

toneeees

Administrator

There is a lot of great stuff here guys! I hope we can continue to see more stuff completed, and new photos added to this thread!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Not exactly a before and after of a complete restoration, but a before and after of a paint job on an ongoing resto...

DSCF2007.jpg

DSCF2171_zps7c7a2dc4.jpg

...to be continued...

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

@ Bob_VT......The Windshield addition.....I'm thinking I like that....not sure from the picture just what you did.

toneeees

Administrator

We are still interested in all that you're willing to provide.

This projects been put on hold until we find a more stable version of the software we are wanting to use.

Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing with us!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

If people would like to before and after pictures - go for it. You can reference your restoration link too. I know there are ALLOT of boats being completed. :)

Dabbler_E

Petty Officer 1st Class

1980 Lowe 14' Superior V -- gut, new deck & interior, rewire, repower, repaint. Link to resto in my sig.

Before:

After:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

This was my fathers boat that sat for many years after he passed .. 1964 MFG Edinboro Custom

The inside . Notice a lack of everything ..

And the after ...

My first ever go at building and sewing seats. I tried to match the original concept ..

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class

1985 Sea Ray Seville, This will be my first boat resto. Doesn't need much but a few things, I will most likely start over the winter and will edit with completed pics. I plan on starting a thread when I start the project so that I can get advice, tips and tricks.
Before:
7254_673921465955451_969186139_n.jpg P6210643.jpg
P6210648.jpg P6210649.jpg

Chris

terro

Recruit

Still In (Slow) Progress. Dont Have Alot Of extra Time. Life Hey.

Attachments

• IMG957523.jpg
    IMG957523.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20130707_115924_846.jpg
    IMG_20130707_115924_846.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20130804_162904_291.jpg
    IMG_20130804_162904_291.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20130704_093334_703.jpg
    IMG_20130704_093334_703.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 0

terro

Recruit

Chris, Looks Like More Then Just A "Little Work". When I Got Mine, Floor Was Good. Solid Feel. But Once You Find A Spot Of Rotten Wood,You keep Digging. and befoRe You Know It, Complete New Floor.

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class

Chris, Looks Like More Then Just A "Little Work". When I Got Mine, Floor Was Good. Solid Feel. But Once You Find A Spot Of Rotten Wood,You keep Digging. and befoRe You Know It, Complete New Floor.

I tore into it today to rebuild the ski locker and the wood is solid just discolored, the only wood that was rotted was the frame job a PO did to make it a solid floor. All the black on the hull was just dirt and leaves. The rear board that covers the trim pump is completely rotted and will started tomorrow. Then I have a panel on the left rear jump seat that's rotted and will be completed tomorrow too if all goes as planned.

Chris

jbcurt00

Staff member

Guys, this is the BEFORE & AFTER pix of projects thread........

If you'll add a link to your projects to your signature line, you can comment & discuss your ongoing projects in your project threads, once you start the threads anyway.

You could also use the PM system by left clicking a user's name & selecting Private Message. Also in the left mouse click drop down menu is View Forum Posts that will provide a list of the poster's other thread posts and that would likely get you to their resto threads, or choose View Profile which lists a user's recently started threads.

If Iboats moves forward w/ the proposed new section, your follow up posts & mine will likely be deleted as not relevant to Before & After projects.

Good luck w/ both of your projects, and when you get them back in the water, come back & edit your initial posts w/ Before pix and add the Afters.....

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Guys, this is the BEFORE & AFTER pix of projects thread........

If you'll add a link to your projects to your signature line, you can comment & discuss your ongoing projects in your project threads, once you start the threads anyway.

You could also use the PM system by left clicking a user's name & selecting Private Message. Also in the left mouse click drop down menu is View Forum Posts that will provide a list of the poster's other thread posts and that would likely get you to their resto threads, or choose View Profile which lists a user's recently started threads.

If Iboats moves forward w/ the proposed new section, your follow up posts & mine will likely be deleted as not relevant to Before & After projects.

Good luck w/ both of your projects, and when you get them back in the water, come back & edit your initial posts w/ Before pix and add the Afters.....

Are you a Mod ? I think that They can handle this on their own :D .

YD.

MuzzikMan

Cadet

Loving every minute reading and viewing this thread. This thread completely rejuvenates my energy for my own project. Great work guys and thanks for sharing. Enjoy, you've earned it.

nerys

Seaman Apprentice

wow. these pictures make me feel so small. They are simply spectacular. just WOW. makes me want to strive to reach for even a fraction of what I see here. Just wow.

ssdale

Starmada Splash of the Year 2016

100_3653.jpg100_3656.jpg

After

100_3880.jpg 100_3883.jpg

1965 Aluminum Cherokee Playboy by Mckenzie Mfg. Saved all original Nautalloy lights, hardware and steering wheel. Price was $100 or they were going to turn it into a goldfish pond:facepalm:

Completly rebuilt transom, floor, dash, and all the other obvious stuff. Paired up with all original 1965 500 Mercury. SHe scoots!

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral

Hey Guys, Great thread concept. It would be cool if you could show by category; Boat MFG, Boat Model,Year, Work type