Miss Peachtree

Jeep Man

Commander
Just got through your thread Lakeshadow. You have a mighty fine ride there my friend. I've had a longing for a wooden lake boat for as long as I can remember. There are quite a few in cottage country here and I drool every time I see one. Very nice job bringing Miss Peachtree back. BTW, if you need another 40 Selectric, I have one taking up space in my shop. I'm only a 3 hr. drive from you.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Just got through your thread Lakeshadow. You have a mighty fine ride there my friend. I've had a longing for a wooden lake boat for as long as I can remember. There are quite a few in cottage country here and I drool every time I see one. Very nice job bringing Miss Peachtree back. BTW, if you need another 40 Selectric, I have one taking up space in my shop. I'm only a 3 hr. drive from you.

Yo!!! Now that's a freak of the week! Dars yourmotor, go geter! Who'd belive?

Lakeshadow

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ahoy kcassells, Steering for grub due West of port. Almost every day.....Gangway for rum...

Lakeshadow

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey awesome Jeep and thanks. Yet I am determined to move to a 65 pony four cylinder vintage Evinrude. There is something about the way the old crossflow's run is always on my mind. I put the spank on a brand new alloy boat with a brand new Merc 30 four stroker. Spun the old boy up to 6 grand, but it was worth it. I mean, I was provoked. The old boy and I got picked on, we got the job done....

Thanks and pleased to meet you.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ahoy kcassells, Steering for grub due West of port. Almost every day.....Gangway for rum...

Arggg! It was "International Speak Pirate Day" yesterday. Argggg! again, give me some more rum. Looks like you are having alot of fun on Miss Peachtree, good for you! Put put put put put....sound effrects.

Any fish in dat lake?

Lakeshadow

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey and Ha Ha kcassells. Yes, a bit of rum and solitude will make for Koo-Koo Club pirate videos..... I had to adjust the idle way rich to keep it from doing that pa-ting pa-ting idling bit in the cool weather. Then the old girl was smoking. I want to go to a 65 pony four cylinder, and find a beauty of a Fat Fifty with the stainless trim and hide the 65 in there. Something with a thermostat would be great. I'm concerned with prolonged idle times with the Ski-Twin, like Sunday driving in the canals.

There is good fishing in that pond. I know where my neighbor's fish now. I spied on them and seen they're fishing spots..... haha......

It takes half a six gallon tank to go to the Limberlost round trip. It's thirteen miles by shore side one way to the North Shore Lounge. I'm thinking two tanks with a tee fitting them together. Considering the forward tank is the one with the fuel gauge sender, they would both have to drain at the same time. Which ever tank has a little bit more fuel in it, that one should empty a bit more first. Just bench racing now, I'm going to double check on this.

https://goo.gl/maps/rtbPF

Arrrrr, steady as she goes......

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Nice!! let me knows ifders any fish in that leetle pond. put put put dabing.

Lakeshadow

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

What's goin' on, long time no see.. Been living it up on Houghton Lake.

Still on the high seas of Lake Houghton.

New stuff to keep me busy this winter. NOS windshield found and doubling ponies to a 65 four cylinder.....

Attachments

• photo231380.jpg
    photo231380.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo231381.jpg
    photo231381.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo231382.jpg
    photo231382.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 0

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
As usual...Good to hear from ya! Been sleepin most the summer with work and family. Just got the motor on the transom. Were moving to a new location in the area so kinda wrapped up with that and a new job.
Boat lloks great! Cool on the windshield grab. What's Miss Peachy rated for in regards to motor size? Just a wondering.

G

Hey Peachie:

Like what you've done to the old Chris.

You mentioned hiding your 65 Sportfour under an earlier vintage "Fat Fifty" cowl.

Take a look at the 1958 Johnson 50 Super Sea Horse hood. Its one of the nicer ones and screams 1950"s, itsall white with gold trim and portholes(!) in the back.

I also believe this model had the (rare) removable spark plug doors so you didn't have to take the cowl off when changing plugs.

If your looking for a real vintage theme to compliment your boat, that might cowl be for you.