Late 1980s fiberglass boat with bench seat in need of repair

bodysurfnj

Recruit
Hello first time poster here, but I have a 14ft fiberglass v-bottomed project boat that has a solid hull but one of the two fiberglass bench seats is severly compromised. Besides for repairing the bench seat I also have a 25hp engine with controls that I will also have to build a console for.

The fiberglass corners of the bench seat are completely gone so any convential fiberglass patching will not work to fix the seat. My buddy's idea is to basically make a frame out of half inch plywood and simply slide it over the compromised bench seat. Another idea I have come across is to cut the top off the bench seat, build a frame on the inside of the seat and drill screws from the outside fiberglass into the inside frame. Then, build a new top for the bench seat with hinges so the seat can double for storage.

The other issue is building a side console for the steering wheel, which is something I will have to research further.

I discoved this forum at work while doing research so I'm not sure exactly what year or make the boat is, but I will update later with pictures. Any suggestions for bench seat repair or side console construction will be very helpful.
Thanks,
Zach