2000-ish Javelin / Stratos boarding ladder hinges? Any ideas?

mlfrancis

Cadet
Hello All,
I have a 2000 Javelin 17FS that uses the same type of boarding ladder as the some of the Stratos boats did at the time. The ladder was made by Paradise Marine, so I seem to have found out. This weekend the two plastic hinges broke on the ladder and I'm not having much luck finding replacements. I was hoping someone here might be able to point me to the parts or to Paradise Marine, or give me some ideas on how to fix it.

I've looked on iboats and many other online marine hardware places as well as have the local Stratos dealer trying to find me a set. So far no luck. I have found the whole laddar assembly but that's a bit pricy just to fix the hinges that may break again - dang plastic.

There's got to be some way to hinge these two sections of pipe if I can't find the original parts, but I don't have any good ideas. Do you?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

EMNordman

Recruit
Re: 2000-ish Javelin / Stratos boarding ladder hinges? Any ideas?

Mike

Where did you find the whole ladder assembly - im looking for one on my 2000 Javelin Venom 17FS

Eric

Hello All,
I have a 2000 Javelin 17FS that uses the same type of boarding ladder as the some of the Stratos boats did at the time. The ladder was made by Paradise Marine, so I seem to have found out. This weekend the two plastic hinges broke on the ladder and I'm not having much luck finding replacements. I was hoping someone here might be able to point me to the parts or to Paradise Marine, or give me some ideas on how to fix it.

I've looked on iboats and many other online marine hardware places as well as have the local Stratos dealer trying to find me a set. So far no luck. I have found the whole laddar assembly but that's a bit pricy just to fix the hinges that may break again - dang plastic.

There's got to be some way to hinge these two sections of pipe if I can't find the original parts, but I don't have any good ideas. Do you?

Thanks in advance,
Michael