1978 MFG Gypsy Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bussom

Cadet
No it isn't pink Sphelps, according to the brochure it is All Wild Plum! Wifey calls it my Barney boat! it needs a complete refurb on the gel coat for sure, don't think it was ever waxed except what I tried to do when I first brought it home. Boat seem solid but after seeing some of these rebuilds I am sure it is probably waterlogged like the rest. Maybe make it my retirement project. I will keep it same color, looks great the small area I did get cleaned up!

tallcanadian

Captain
MERRY CHRISTMAS and happy holidays to all my iboat friends. Thanks for a great year. I've learned a lot from all you experts. I hope the new year finds you all healthy, happy and full of turkey. I've made good friends and have seen a ton of great looking boats. What a wonderful site this is. I'm still hoping that one day we all get to meet.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
TC, I'm Hoping you had a GREAT DAY!!! I too, hope to meet up with a LOT of the GREAT guys I've come to know here on the forum once I retire and have time to start roaming around the country! You are definitely on the LIST!!!;)
images

Last edited:

tallcanadian

Captain
TC, I'm Hoping you had a GREAT DAY!!! I too, hope to meet up with a LOT of the GREAT guys I've come to know here on the forum once I retire and have time to start roaming around the country! You are definitely on the LIST!!!;)
images

Thanks Mike. Coming from you, that means a lot. You have been so helpful. Not only to me but to many other boaters on this site. You are one of a kind. Thank you.

Any snow your way?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Not in Broken Arrow, but... Western OKIE land got a Bunch and my Daughter in Edmond had another Ice/Sleet storm!!!!

tallcanadian

Captain
Well here it is. Hot of the editing floor. I made a video of my rebuild. I hope you all enjoy.,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-GwDTvll_k&feature=youtu.be>

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Just Copy URL from the Browser window and then click the "A" in the upper right corner of your Post window. Then click the Video Icon (Looks like the old 8mm tape) and then paste the URL into that window. That's all there is to it.

tallcanadian

Captain
Just Copy URL from the Browser window and then click the "A" in the upper right corner of your Post window. Then click the Video Icon (Looks like the old 8mm tape) and then paste the URL into that window. That's all there is to it.

Thanks Mike. You keep calling yourself a dumb old Okie But there ain't nothing dumb about you. Now if people stop changing things I can remember. LOL. But as usual I appreciate your help.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Tallcanadian, great video!!! Ive been thinking of doing something like this with all my pix. What program did you use?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Cool video ! I like how you can take a still shot and make it look like it's moving ...

Status
Not open for further replies.