center window off

harman79

Seaman Apprentice
I was getting ready to tab my floor in and noticed the window hits when you close it. I have the cap screwed down and all the screws went back into the holes where they came out. The bow tub section is about a half inch off the floor. It sat on a piece of 3/4 board originally but if I pick it up more the window will close, however it is about a inch and quarter off the floor. I can't remember how far off the floor it was before. Has any ever had a problem with this. Any suggestions would be great. I want to try and get it better before I tab the floor in but not sure what I should do to help it. It's off about 3/8nikon 109.JPGnikon 110.JPGnikon 111.JPGnikon 115.JPG

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: center window off

You just need to adjust it until it fits, there's not much else you can do.

harman79

Seaman Apprentice

I will adjust it to get the window to close but I was worried about the trip hazard I would have where the tub meets the deck. Do these typically sit flush with the deck?

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Most boats have a lip, some several inches high, between the bow area and the rest of the boat, I have no clue as to how yours was before you started.

If, as you say, the deck is screwed into the same holes as when you took it apart, then the floor is at a different height (could just be the thickness of plywood floor) and there isn't much you can do about it except raise the floor, or leave it as it is and have a slight step. It's not going to make much of a difference either way, so you can pick what you want it to look like.

harman79

Seaman Apprentice

Would laying 6 or 7 layers of 1708 in front of it and then sand it down making a ramp then blending it work. can you build up 1708 and then work it with a sander. or should I make something out of wood and then cover it. I thinking 16 inches long and 8 inches wide.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

It doesn't make much of a difference, you could do it either way, using wood would be much easier and cost less though.