Wakeboard tower backing plates...

ThreeMileBayWaker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Long story short, glastron did a **** poor job on installing my tower at their factory. Spider cracks formed and I went after them to fix it under warranty, they tried to deny my claim but in the end I got them to buck up. I had to uninstall and now reinstall the tower tho.

The tower luckily is designed to match the curves of my boat but I think the cracks formed due to loose hardware that I was unable to access and them not chamfering the drilled holes.

The factory supplied backing plates are not large enough for my piece of mind so I want to go bigger. However, the curvature of my boat is making this a headache. A flat piece of marine plywood just won't work, and trying to add more glass won't be possible on the front holes. I have to get my entire arm through a 5" hole I drilled behind the bow seat backrest.

Here's some photos of what I am up against:

2012-05-29_20-02-13_463.jpg

2012-05-29_20-02-26_254.jpg

2012-05-29_20-07-17_358.jpg

There is a lip just above where they drilled the holes, kind of stupid if you ask me.

As for backing plates, I am going to buy 4 plastic kitchen cutting boards from the dollar store and use those with some 2 part marine epoxy if I can figure out how to get around that lip. Opinions?