Magnumdekes 1976 22' Starcraft Islander

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Magnumdekes 1976 22' Starcraft Islander

Thanks to all! without Iboats we would be lost! Years of reading before this was undertaken.
Had to store the pieces somewhere, so

I believe it will work!!!!!!!!!!!!

dozerII

Admiral

Looking real good Mag, she's coming together real quick now.

Triton II

Commander

Great work all round Mag... fine looking bunch of helpers and a terrific result. Nice job mate! :D

TII

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Wow, great build! Will be taking a lot of good info off of your work. Gonna hang out till the splash, looking forward to seeing it all come together. Great work by you and your team.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Man you are flyen! Can you send your labor minions over my way so I can get some progress going on my rig?:D

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Well i pooped out for a week or two, back to busy at work and then last weekend I completely played lazy and did nothing, gonna keep plugging away at paint prep and try to get it painted and sealed up so it is weather proof and then we may take a break for awhile and start stockpiling the rigging materials needed. I also may be going to the dark side and purchasing a glasser,:eek: 1990 quantum bass boat rig, mint condition NEVER stored outside. It has a Farce 120 on it, I will deal with that, it has low hours. Price is right , just gotta decide if I want to commit to it. Fell in love with that particular boat years ago,:facepalm: almost signed the line to get one in 1991 and thought better of it, woulda been a bad choice then with a young family, now I think it would make a great pan fish/walleye jiggin rig for me. To do or not to do, It would make it so the Browning could retire to the UP at my buds place and I would still have all my fishin needs filled down here, panfish/jiggin river rig and the big water trollin Islander. Ohhh My I need a 12 step program for the MBS disease badly!!!:rolleyes::D

runninfarmer

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Do you have any left over Storm grey nautolex vinyl? It's backordered everywhere online for a month. I need some to finish a console.

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

I ended up going with shark grey due to the shortage, check greatlakesskipper, they had some remnants

jhendery

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking good! Nice work!! :)

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have to ask you mag. ; How do you feel about your single axle trailer? Mine tows great, but theirs always that nagging worry in my mind with that size boat on a single axle. What is your thoughts on this topic?:scared:

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

What's up? I know you're still alive. I saw you and the Mrs. on Muskegon Lake last Saturday in your Browning. I was out for a ride with my Dad and Dad-in-law in a glasser I bought. We were coming from Bear Lake Tavern and headed back to Grand Haven. I didn't want to disturb your fishing so I snapped a pic of you from a distance (from what I could see, you looked like you were passed out and the wife was monitoring the lines in the water!)

See:

Any progress on the Islander?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think he's doing a Jason and ignoring the Islander and going fishing. :D

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Yep, ya got me, fishing and playing for the summer!!!!!!!!! Been lazy. I have determined that after long hard, hot days of work my motivation wanes, weather will break and back to the Islander I will be.
And YES I was napping DJ, good eye!

64osby

Admiral

Md - Sounds like you have your priorities just about right. Quality boating and nap time trump working.

Summer always seems too short.

ShowMeGuy

Chief Petty Officer

Man... wonder what ever happened to this sweeet mamma jamma of a boat build... :)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hmmmmmm, yah:bump::laser::horn::boink::fish:

Status
Not open for further replies.