Hull window

Ramanonos

Seaman Apprentice
Hi folks, I have a '98 Bayliner Cirra 2655. I seem to have an issue that has developed into a problem. My port side hull window cracked. I simply called the Bayliner dealer, described what happened and said they would ship me a new one for $150. I thought all was well until I received the package.

First of all, there was just the glass. I also need the thin aluminum frame the glass sits in. It was impossible to preserve the older one i removed from the broken window. I called the dealrer and he said Bayliner doesn't make these frames for the hull windows. Had no suggestions. Said I was screwed. Is that true? Any thoughts on how I can get my hands on one these frames?

Second, the glass I received looked to be the correct dimensions and lines up; however, the glass is straight, and the hull window has a curvature to it. When I mentioned this to the dealer, he said the glass will "probably" bend to the frame. Probably? Would hate to break the glass--assuming I solved the frame issue. This guy didnt seem to be very familiar with what I was doing. Would love to hear the forum's thoughts/suggestions. I'm in a bit of a panic given no hull-side window= very wet cabin.

Thanks!