1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

slively32

Cadet
Hello All,

I'm new to the iboats forum and this is my 1st post. Well, I just purchased my very 1st boat; it's a 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum with a 40 hp Merc. It has been converted into a bass style boat (I'll include more pics of the inside later). My question is which model 1975 Starcraft 15' is it? The guy I purchased it from, found it salvaged and started to semi-restore it. I have included 2 exterior photos to help determine which model it is.

Thanks a bunch!

Sam

Attachments

• boat photo (2).jpg
    boat photo (2).jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 2
  • boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 2

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Yer pictures suck for seein' what model it might be,...

I'm guessin' it's an SS, or maybe a backyard converted Holiday...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Start here, Since the interior has been modified from original, most of the model clues are gone. Use the link to the brochures and start comparing measurements. More pics might help.

slively32

Cadet

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Yer pictures suck for seein' what model it might be,...

I'm guessin' it's an SS, or maybe a backyard converted Holiday...

LOL....OK Bond-o, I'll make sure I post some better detailed pics. Got back from church late and didn't have time to take any, I will post some tomorrow.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Welcome to iboats! One of the few aluminum 15'ers was the Jet Star... id suggest browsing through the '75 brochure stickied at the top of the Starcraft forum

slively32

Cadet

Welcome to iboats! One of the few aluminum 15'ers was the Jet Star... id suggest browsing through the '75 brochure stickied at the top of the Starcraft forum

Thanks for the welcome and info 1973Chieftain!

I ran out after work today and took some more photo's in my quest to find out exactly which model Starcraft I have.
I have some more work that I'd like to complete on the inside, but I'm so ready to get out on the water, I don't have the patience! (I'm sure we've all been there)

Have a blessed day!

Port side.jpgconsole.jpgbow top.jpgStarcraft_bow.jpgrear.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Too big for a Jet. I'm thinking Jupiter.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... Looks like an Extremely Butchered Holiday to me...

64osby

Admiral

The 71 brochure shows a 15' Sprint V that has the side rub rail. If it's really 16' it could be a Jupiter, same rub rail.

What ever it is they certainly customized it. A bit of work and you'll be fishing in no time.

slively32

Cadet

Yeah, it is a bit of work. It came with a total refurbed Sealion trailer, 60 lb thrust Motor Guide troller and the 40 hp Merc.
I paid $2000 for everything....hope I didn't get beat! I looked around before I purchased, everything else I seen like this was $2500-3000. Let me know if you all think I paid too much, it's my 1st boat and I'm not that experienced in boating.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Yeah, it is a bit of work. It came with a total refurbed Sealion trailer, 60 lb thrust Motor Guide troller and the 40 hp Merc.
I paid $2000 for everything....hope I didn't get beat! I looked around before I purchased, everything else I seen like this was $2500-3000. Let me know if you all think I paid too much, it's my 1st boat and I'm not that experienced in boating.

Value depends quite a bit on location, some states where these are fewer boats command a higher price then places like MI. But $2k for a running boat like that is not bad at all! For id purposes, what is here exact center line length and the width at the transom? That will he'll narrow it down quite a bit.

slively32

Cadet

Value deemed quite a bit on location, some states where these are fewer boats command a higher price then places like MI. But $2k for a running boat like that is not bad at all! For id purposes, what is here exact center line length and the width at the transom? That will he'll narrow it down quite a bit.

I'm located in New Jersey not far from Atlantic City shore. There are lots of boats around here, but not so cheap! :) I will measure it again this evening and post exact measurements.

Thanks again for your help!

slively32

Cadet

Value depends quite a bit on location, some states where these are fewer boats command a higher price then places like MI. But $2k for a running boat like that is not bad at all! For id purposes, what is here exact center line length and the width at the transom? That will he'll narrow it down quite a bit.

Chieftain, I took some measurements! Center line measures 15' 1" and the Transom measures 51". I looked that this link and it appears to look similar to the 1982 FM 160, but the measurements don't add up.:facepalm:

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Take a look at (skim) Jas's jet thread the same thing has been done to this boat. Yours isn't going to look like a factory brochure.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Sweet looking little boat man!! Can I have it. :)

slively32

Cadet

Sweet looking little boat man!! Can I have it. :)

Thanks for the compliments Sutor623! I have a correction!! The transom actually measures 63" or 5' 3"...my son took the 1st measurements...he's 9 and of course I had to double check how work....lol. But hey, that's what a good father does, help point out the mistake and teach them to make it right....and also let them know you make mistake too! :rolleyes:

I went out to Lowes and bought some of the TopSide Rust-oleum for the inside of the gunwale....I'm on my way!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

The Rustoleum Industrial Oil Based Enamel works just as well as the Topside paint and is cheaper. You can also add an acrylic enamel Hardener to the paint and make it glossier and a lot harder and more durable. Check the last link in my signature below for the details. I have swithched to Valspar Tractor Paint(basically the same paint as Rustoleum) and you can buy it at Tractor Supply stores.

slively32

Cadet

The Rustoleum Industrial Oil Based Enamel works just as well as the Topside paint and is cheaper. You can also add an acrylic enamel Hardener to the paint and make it glossier and a lot harder and more durable. Check the last link in my signature below for the details. I have swithched to Valspar Tractor Paint(basically the same paint as Rustoleum) and you can buy it at Tractor Supply stores.

I like cheaper, especially if the quality is the same if not better...thanks for the paint info Woodonglass!

My bass pro boat seats just came in (bought 4 of them)....not bad for the $20 special they ran for a week I believe? I do notice they are not as deep as some other seats...but those other seats are $50-65 each. Same quality in material and hinges, I guess I can live with them being not so deep. Not bad, All 4 seats for $85.00 shipping included!:D

new seat.jpg