• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

    Hello All,

    I'm new to the iboats forum and this is my 1st post. Well, I just purchased my very 1st boat; it's a 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum with a 40 hp Merc. It has been converted into a bass style boat (I'll include more pics of the inside later). My question is which model 1975 Starcraft 15' is it? The guy I purchased it from, found it salvaged and started to semi-restore it. I have included 2 exterior photos to help determine which model it is.

    Thanks a bunch!

    Sam


  • #2
    Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

    Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Yer pictures suck for seein' what model it might be,...

    I'm guessin' it's an SS, or maybe a backyard converted Holiday...
    Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

    Comment



    • #3
      Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

      Start here, Since the interior has been modified from original, most of the model clues are gone. Use the link to the brochures and start comparing measurements. More pics might help.
      Sent using a tin can and a piece of string. A technological breakthrough. The tin can is a 1966 Starcraft Nassau powered by a 1966 Merc 500.

      Comment



      • #4
        Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

        Originally posted by Bond-o View Post
        Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Yer pictures suck for seein' what model it might be,...

        I'm guessin' it's an SS, or maybe a backyard converted Holiday...
        LOL....OK Bond-o, I'll make sure I post some better detailed pics. Got back from church late and didn't have time to take any, I will post some tomorrow.

        Comment



        • #5
          Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

          Welcome to iboats! One of the few aluminum 15'ers was the Jet Star... id suggest browsing through the '75 brochure stickied at the top of the Starcraft forum
          1974 Starcraft 24' Chieftan IV Express Hard top
          1972 Starcraft 18' Mariner, 1985 Evinrude 140HP
          >>>
          1969 MirroCraft 18.5' Center Console<<< AVOID http://forums.iboats.com/boat-restor...to-591439.html
          1965 Starcraft Jet, 1996 40 HP Force by Mercury- SOLD
          1955 Aerocraft CC-16 barrel back runabout, '67 Mercury 500
          SOLD

          Comment



          • #6
            Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

            Originally posted by 1973Chieftain View Post
            Welcome to iboats! One of the few aluminum 15'ers was the Jet Star... id suggest browsing through the '75 brochure stickied at the top of the Starcraft forum
            Thanks for the welcome and info 1973Chieftain!

            I ran out after work today and took some more photo's in my quest to find out exactly which model Starcraft I have.
            I have some more work that I'd like to complete on the inside, but I'm so ready to get out on the water, I don't have the patience! (I'm sure we've all been there)

            Have a blessed day!

            Click image for larger version

Name:	3d76289cd54c3478c132cc7f7214e2d2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	123128Click image for larger version

Name:	4c6c12d058e5789ae7d459537aeef327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	123127Click image for larger version

Name:	6ddc1f171299c8c316a148a73e7cdb40.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	123126Click image for larger version

Name:	cffae8e7a529040dc27559e04208b8f1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	123125Click image for larger version

Name:	657825908eba3e5102fc5f82f1bc5ef5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	123129

            Comment



            • #7
              Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

              Too big for a Jet. I'm thinking Jupiter.
              1976 18' Starcraft SuperSport 90HP Evinrude
              Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=357767
              1966 16' Starcraft Jupiter 85HP Johnson
              Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=338633 sold

              Comment



              • #8
                Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

                Ayuh,.... Looks like an Extremely Butchered Holiday to me...
                Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

                Comment



                • #9
                  Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

                  The 71 brochure shows a 15' Sprint V that has the side rub rail. If it's really 16' it could be a Jupiter, same rub rail.

                  What ever it is they certainly customized it. A bit of work and you'll be fishing in no time.
                  Despite the cost of Living, It's still a popular thing

                  1973 Starcraft 21 mariner that's no longer for sale & 1963 14' Lone Star Big Fisherman Repairs

                  Comment



                  • #10
                    Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

                    Yeah, it is a bit of work. It came with a total refurbed Sealion trailer, 60 lb thrust Motor Guide troller and the 40 hp Merc.
                    I paid $2000 for everything....hope I didn't get beat! I looked around before I purchased, everything else I seen like this was $2500-3000. Let me know if you all think I paid too much, it's my 1st boat and I'm not that experienced in boating.

                    Comment



                    • #11
                      Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

                      Originally posted by slively32 View Post
                      Yeah, it is a bit of work. It came with a total refurbed Sealion trailer, 60 lb thrust Motor Guide troller and the 40 hp Merc.
                      I paid $2000 for everything....hope I didn't get beat! I looked around before I purchased, everything else I seen like this was $2500-3000. Let me know if you all think I paid too much, it's my 1st boat and I'm not that experienced in boating.
                      Value depends quite a bit on location, some states where these are fewer boats command a higher price then places like MI. But $2k for a running boat like that is not bad at all! For id purposes, what is here exact center line length and the width at the transom? That will he'll narrow it down quite a bit.
                      1974 Starcraft 24' Chieftan IV Express Hard top
                      1972 Starcraft 18' Mariner, 1985 Evinrude 140HP
                      >>>
                      1969 MirroCraft 18.5' Center Console<<< AVOID http://forums.iboats.com/boat-restor...to-591439.html
                      1965 Starcraft Jet, 1996 40 HP Force by Mercury- SOLD
                      1955 Aerocraft CC-16 barrel back runabout, '67 Mercury 500
                      SOLD

                      Comment



                      • #12
                        Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

                        Originally posted by 1973Chieftain View Post
                        Value deemed quite a bit on location, some states where these are fewer boats command a higher price then places like MI. But $2k for a running boat like that is not bad at all! For id purposes, what is here exact center line length and the width at the transom? That will he'll narrow it down quite a bit.
                        I'm located in New Jersey not far from Atlantic City shore. There are lots of boats around here, but not so cheap! I will measure it again this evening and post exact measurements.

                        Thanks again for your help!

                        Comment



                        • #13
                          Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

                          Originally posted by 1973Chieftain View Post
                          Value depends quite a bit on location, some states where these are fewer boats command a higher price then places like MI. But $2k for a running boat like that is not bad at all! For id purposes, what is here exact center line length and the width at the transom? That will he'll narrow it down quite a bit.
                          Chieftain, I took some measurements! Center line measures 15' 1" and the Transom measures 51". I looked that this link and it appears to look similar to the 1982 FM 160, but the measurements don't add up.

                          Comment



                          • #14
                            Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

                            Take a look at (skim) Jas's jet thread the same thing has been done to this boat. Yours isn't going to look like a factory brochure.

                            Comment



                            • #15
                              Re: 1975 Starcraft 15' Aluminum, but which model?

                              Sweet looking little boat man!! Can I have it.
                              16' Starcraft Restoration
                              http://forums.iboats.com/boat-restor...on-589808.html

                              - Pete

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X