16' Sea Nymph Fishing machine? Restore

ChaseMaine

Cadet
I just bought a 1984 16' sea nymph, I believe it is a fishing machine.Found it on CL and bought it for $800. The boat came with a 45hp mercury classic 50, which I was told runs but we'll see. It also came with a bow mount 42lbs of thrust minnekota trolling motor. The previous owner replaced all the decking and carpet last year and looks like its in good shape. I ripped up the old vinyl on the floor and noticed that half of the deck seemed to have been replaced at some point but half hadn't(the rear flooring). So I ripped up the rotted boards and replaced them with plywood I coated in sytems 3 resin, then riveted them down. I already ordered new nautolex marine vinyl from defender marine, looks like good stuff.

The boat has a livewell that had been plugged and disconnected, the pump is still in the transom and the thru-hull overflow is just plugged. When I took the livewell out I noticed 3 holes in the bottom of the live well, one about 1/2" wide and the other two about half that size. The holes were also drilled through the deck to the below the deck? I want to re-install the livewell and its my understanding there should be a fill hole where the water gets pumped in, an over flow, and a drain. So should I plug the two smaller holes and use the 1/2" hole as the drain?

Another thing I need to decide is where I am going to put the live well, I can put it back where it was and mount a seat on it in front of the console, does anyone have some ideas or maybe have mounted seats to live well covers before. The livewell is pretty long and I was thinking of putting the hatch on the opposite side of where the seat would be mounted .

I am not sure yet, any ideas is appreciated. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can work on the project more. But were supposed to get 5-10 inches here in maine on thursday!#%

Attachments

• IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1

ChaseMaine

Cadet
Re: 16' Sea Nymph Fishing machine? Restore

Here are some pictures of the live-well I was talking about. Im guessing alot of these holes just need to be plugged. The bigger one on the left is the only one that looks factory. There is two small holes on the back wall, 4 holes in the bottom.

Does anyone know what those brackets in the middle of the live-well are for?

Any help with how to set this live-well up is appreciated.

IMAG0073.jpg IMAG0074.jpg IMAG0075.jpg IMAG0076.jpg IMAG0078.jpg

ChaseMaine

Cadet
Re: 16' Sea Nymph Fishing machine? Restore

392419_3100265799768_1657882700_2963437_1576636249_n.jpg

This is the sea nymph so far, not good at keeping up with my progress lol. So far I have replaced the flooring and used nautolex marine vinyl instead of carpet, trimmed the edges with 90 degree aluminum. I set up the live well to working order. I replaced all the gauges, rewired the whole boat, and painted the console. I still need to paint the inside and outside but i'm going to use it for a while before that.

On the motor replaced the water pump and shift bushing oil seal. It runs great on the muffs but I haven't tried it on the lake yet, taking it out this weekend though so well see.

Thanks for looking

Blakesboat

Recruit
Hello, I like the work you have done to your boat. I am in the process of restoring the same boat. Did raising the decking up drastically change the center of gravity and make the boat unstable when two guys are fishing? Where did you get your floor mounts for your seats and posts? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks allot. Blake in Lancaster Pa.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Welcome Blake. This thread has been inactive since April of 2012, and tge original poster hasn't been active since August of laat year. I dobt you'll get a respnse from him. You should start your own thread and introduce yourself to the forum. Post any questions you might have in the related forum. Lots of people here who will help with your question. It is posted in the forum rules not to post in threads that have been inactive for 90 days. Welcome aboard.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hello, I like the work you have done to your boat. I am in the process of restoring the same boat. Did raising the decking up drastically change the center of gravity and make the boat unstable when two guys are fishing? Where did you get your floor mounts for your seats and posts? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks allot. Blake in Lancaster Pa.

The topic starter has not been around in over a year. Please start your own topic so the members can give you a hand. iboats has all the parts you need to finish your SN.