Bass Boat Windshield

Captquin

Cadet
I've found the hardest part of restoring this bass boat is getting parts. Most of the time it's just that the shop is out of stock or closed when I need them to be open. In any case, I need a windshield for a 85 Ranger 350V. The part number is 6900051. Cant find it anywhere. New Cabella's says they can order them for $81.20, BUT they won't know until Monday if they can even order them from Ranger. Thought about trying to make my own out of Lexan ($40-$50), but under $100 it's easier to buy. 6900051.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Bass Boat Windshield

I've found the hardest part of restoring this bass boat is getting parts. Most of the time it's just that the shop is out of stock or closed when I need them to be open. In any case, I need a windshield for a 85 Ranger 350V. The part number is 6900051. Cant find it anywhere. New Cabella's says they can order them for $81.20, BUT they won't know until Monday if they can even order them from Ranger. Thought about trying to make my own out of Lexan ($40-$50), but under $100 it's easier to buy. View attachment 133554

Ayuh,.... It's either gonna come from Ranger, or yer gonna be buildin' yer own.....

Nobody stocks parts for a 27 year old boat....

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I've found the hardest part of restoring this bass boat is getting parts. Most of the time it's just that the shop is out of stock or closed when I need them to be open. In any case, I need a windshield for a 85 Ranger 350V. The part number is 6900051. Cant find it anywhere. New Cabella's says they can order them for $81.20, BUT they won't know until Monday if they can even order them from Ranger. Thought about trying to make my own out of Lexan ($40-$50), but under $100 it's easier to buy. View attachment 133554

If you decide to make your own, Please document it here on iboats...I would be interested in the process...

Speakrdude

Ensign

Just about any Plexi companies will build one from your old one, If you still have. I have the same one only it's a 95 Ranger XT354. Mine has a big crack across it, (tree Limb) I checked with Ranger $125.00. Most all the other companies were similar.

FlaCowboy

Ensign

If I were restoring a Ranger....I would order the right part and wait. It should not take that long to get and I am sure the outcome will be worth the wait. But then that is just me.

Edit due to Budweiser....:facepalm:

Captquin

Cadet

If you decide to make your own, Please document it here on iboats...I would be interested in the process...

Will do. We made one out of plexiglass for the center-console bay boat. Looks pretty good and it was our first attempt. Looks even better knowing that the plexi was free.:) To bend plexi you have to heat it up. You do so by buying a heater strip, which is made for this purpose. You plug it into the wall and lay the strip across where you want to bend it. About 20-30 later the plexi is soft enough to put over the edge of your workbench and bend to the desired angle.

I hear Lexan, while unbreakable, is bendable without heating. Never tried it, but probably will sometime this week.