1986 aquasport cc

ceejkay

Cadet
hey guys
well i picked up this 20' aquasport the other day.. generally speaking the boat isnt to terrible. engine starts right up. deck feels good transom looks good as well.. i do have a few things that needs to be done.. there is a rats nest of wires under the center console that will be 1 of 2 top priorities.. the second thing is none of the gauges work(surprise i know). so im gonna get a new gas gauge and sending unit pronto.. im gonna rock out the boat this season to get a feel of what i need to do in the winter.. so here are some pics of her
IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1986 aquasport cc

Welcome to iBoats!

Nice looking Rig!!!
What have you done to confirm the transom is good to go?
WelcomeAboard.jpg

ceejkay

Cadet

well when i went to look at the boat i did a tap test on the inner and outer shell of the transom.. no dead hollow sounds.. didnt see any stress cracks. when i brought the boat home i drilled about 8" down in the center from the middle of the boat and nice and dry shavings.. i will prob drill 2 more holes near the bottom when i redo the deck in the winter but im happy with the results in the spot i drilled for now.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

That's good news!!! Have you Noticed any Flex when Yanking up and down on the lower leg of the motor. That's a good test as well.
Make sure and fill those exploratory holes with 3M 5200 Sealant.

ceejkay

Cadet

Yes I did all the taletell signs and felt good about the purchase

ceejkay

Cadet

i dont have a lot of work to do, but some.. the panel that was under the cc is rotted.. i knew that buying the boat and used it as a price drop.. at least it is only a removable panel thats rotted.. so i got all the wires and everything disconnected from the cc. now im looking for advise. the cc wood is shot, there are screw holes everywhere. i guess thats expected from a 25 year old fishing boat.. so would it be wise to repair, get new, or make new?
IMAG0291.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

cajunmerc

Cadet

nice,those hulls were tough,wiring and hatch covers were really the only factory weak spots.