How to PLUG a livewell pump intake?

27E_20

Seaman
Did several forum searches on this, but it seems everyone is trying to put IN a livewell, or livewell pump, not take one OUT. I have a 1990 Stratos Fish/Ski and while I was trying to remove the hose from one of the livewell pumps (to get better access to the bilge pumps), it cracked the connection which eventually led to me ripping it off out of frustration- not thinking about the repercussions later on. (new to boat ownership) :facepalm:

So in an incredible act of genius, I take the boat to the ramp, back in in the water, open the hatch to the bilge area to inspect my newly installed bilge pumps and water is gushing in from the broken livewell pump. Jump back in the truck, pull it out, curse and beat the steering wheel for a few minutes. :mad:

Now I need some kind of plug or a way to permanently seal off that livewell pump intake- since I will never use it anyway. I could probably rig up something out of pvc fittings to thread on in place of that SS mesh cap under the boat- but theres gotta be a better way. :confused:

Help!

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How to PLUG a livewell pump intake?

do you have a picture
best would be seal the hole up with fiber glass and resin-make it like never was there
a pvc plug would be a good temp. fix

27E_20

Seaman
Re: How to PLUG a livewell pump intake?

Pics will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon