Aquasport 225 Explorer - pilot house project

antoni

Cadet
I am in the process of designing a pilot house for my 1997 Aquasport 225. It currently has a hard top mounted with aluminum tubing, a wind shield and canvas. I plan on removing the windshield, canvas and some of the aluminum supports and build a 3 sided enclosure using 3/8? King Starboard material and purchasing custom clamp on windows from a boat window manufacturer.
Has anyone used King Starboard material for such a project or have any suggestions on using a different material?
I do not have any experience with fiberglass work and I am doing this on a budget. I do however have carpentry experience hence the use of Starboard.

0108021232.jpgCanvas.jpg0114021551.jpg

antoni

Cadet
Re: Aquasport 225 Explorer - pilot house project

Finaly found an indoor place to start the pilothouse project. Pics to follow

TheWriteBoat

Recruit

I hope you will share pics as the project evolves.
I am in the process of designing a pilot house for my 1997 Aquasport 225. It currently has a hard top mounted with aluminum tubing, a wind shield and canvas. I plan on removing the windshield, canvas and some of the aluminum supports and build a 3 sided enclosure using 3/8? King Starboard material and purchasing custom clamp on windows from a boat window manufacturer.
Has anyone used King Starboard material for such a project or have any suggestions on using a different material?
I do not have any experience with fiberglass work and I am doing this on a budget. I do however have carpentry experience hence the use of Starboard.

View attachment 128620View attachment 128619View attachment 128621

antoni

Cadet

finished the project last august 2012. took much longer than i thought it would but worth it.