1974 crestliner 19'5

sailorgeorge

Recruit
I have a chance to buy a 1974 19'5 crestliner. It has been striped of engine (90 hp outboard was on it) and most good stuff. It does have the canvas top that needs to be replaced, floor boards in good shape cuddy cabin doors are still on and the seat in cabin redone. I need to know is this a boat worth $450 the way it sits. I see no damage to hull except 1 small dent near stern.

Would this make a good sea going boat?
What should I repower it with? It is a cool looking boat.

Thanks George;)

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1974 crestliner 19'5

I have a chance to buy a 1974 19'5 crestliner. It has been striped of engine (90 hp outboard was on it) and most good stuff. It does have the canvas top that needs to be replaced, floor boards in good shape cuddy cabin doors are still on and the seat in cabin redone. I need to know is this a boat worth $450 the way it sits. I see no damage to hull except 1 small dent near stern.

Would this make a good sea going boat?
What should I repower it with? It is a cool looking boat.

Thanks George;)

Nope,... Not in My book...

A Stripped out hull is a worthless piece of fiberglass...
And,...
Unless the transom, 'n stringers have been replaced Recently,...
Being a '78, you can pretty much count on 'em being Rotten...

oops!

Supreme Mariner

if you are ready to spend the money for a newer motor. then possibly.....

but we need pics to know for sure.....at 450....you could allways scrap it and get most of your money back for the cost of the tin

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It is an aluminum boat if that makes any difference.

Got any pics? Does it come with a trailer? Sounds like it COULD be a nice buy. Outboard setup aluminum cuddies are kinda hard to come by.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

If it's on a decent trailer I would have no problems forking over $450.00 for that boat,..

The fact that the old motor is gone is kind of a blessing as a 78' 90 horse would be on the small side on that boat in my opinion,..What does the rating plate say is the max hp for that boat??,.......