'78 Ebko Lebaron - Therapy

'78 Ebko Lebaron - Therapy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Just wanted to drop by and say that no matter how long it takes, in the end these boats will be as close to exactly what we want and how we want them, so taking our time on them and doing things how we want is what will make them uniquely ours and better than anything the original manufacturer could have built...
The shine is really beginning to come through and all of your efforts getting the gel coat just the way you wanted and it is showing in the quality craftsmanship you have always been known to excel in...
Looking awesome, brother!

Trooper82

Commander
So as I said recently I had some storm damage to deal with...well I also decided to remove three pines between the house and garage...no pics or it didn't happen...
cuttrees.jpg

Which lead me to start removing stumps...
threestumps.jpg

onestump.jpg

twostumps.jpg

I also made a pine freshener for the truck...4 loads full....
pinefresh.jpg

more to come in next post....hold on to your hats!

Trooper82

Commander
Surprise for the admiral..and it keeps me from falling down the hill weed eating..
fortheadmiral.jpg

I know you all are very observant so you probably noticed the rockpile (play on words I like listening to Rockpile) was starting to dwindle in size...and the hoist/crane next to the pile...
hoistingrock.jpg

Think we moved about thirty or so on my home made cart...
This was the big one!
bigrock.jpg

To make a retaining wall...here is the base...
wallbase.jpg

some ended up as fill...
readyfordirt.jpg

Still more to come...

Trooper82

Commander
6 tons of dirt hand shoveled...
dirtapplied.jpg

tough part is over...need to dig this area flat and fill it with something...
wall.jpg

We also hand dug the roots from the three amigos...
clearingroots.jpg

Even found time to get some drainage installed for the rain gutters...
rainpipe.jpg

I got two small projects I need to get started on before winter, should only take a weekend....then it is back on the boat...

Whew! tired and sore...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Very productive!!! The Admiral should be very Happy. You're piling up a LOT of points. Shouldn't have any problems when it comes time to get back on the boat.:lol:

tallcanadian

Captain
Looking good there Troop. Nice job on the walkway with the wall and tree.I can't believe you dug those stumps up. That alone is a ton of work. Yard is looking very nice, you stump puller you.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice work with the gantry and cart ! My back is sore just thinking about it ... I sure could use a pile of those rocks . Been promising the Admiral a water feature for the pool for a couple of years now ..

zool

Captain
Them rocks aint goin nowhere, unless someone really wants them too! ...I really like the ledgestone wall in front of the riding mower too...

I should go looking around back for some big flat rocks like that......but im afraid I might find some :D

Decker83

Commander
Been away for a while..
If I could have put in as much energy and hard work as you have moving boulders, digging trenches, moving dirt and lets not forget digging up 3 tree stumps.
I would have already finished my deck boat and the starcraft boat..

It all looks great..
Have a great Labor Day weekend.:D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Double Ditto^^^^
I would certainly be a lot closer to finishing my tub with that kind of effort!
Beautiful Landscape work!
Both you and the Admiral should be very pleased!
Happy Labor Day!

Trooper82

Commander
Time sure flies when you are having fun....3 years....I need to get busy...actually have been doing some sanding on the hull....those thin gel areas...still thin and too cold to fix them right....Happy Turkey day everyone!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Happy turkey day

Better hunker down, we're supposed to get more then a bit of snow overnight. And it's headed your way

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Happy third boat restoration anniversary, brother!
And most of all a very happy turkey day to you and yours!

Trooper82

Commander
Thanks guys, most appreciated....think we have around 12" of snow give or take....decided to spray some cover up on the spots i sanded through on the hull...will get them sanded down tomorrow...today was spent making a few items on the tables saw....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow hard to believe it's been 3 years Troop ! Really looking forward to seeing ya back at it ..