Restoring a 1985 Skeeter SS-1 Fisherman

rothellkc

Recruit
My son-in-law and I have taken on a project similar in scope to JDA's that many of you are following. This is day two for us and we have gotten the hull and cap separated and both pieces power washed and cleaned up. What a mess below decks. Mice had taken care of all the wiring and left nests all over the bilge. Their home now has no room so I doubt that any are left on board. We plan to strip out all the foam and stringers and replace everything. I have taken some pics and will post them when I get home to my computer. We have much less to do than the Judge because we are not planning to paint or do very much in the way of cosmetics. We are far more interested in functionality and will replace any piece of hardward that looks questionable. Will update this thread as we get things completed but I am 3 1/2 hours away and my son-in-law works long hours so the progress will be slow. We are OK with that but hope to have it done by April. Sorry I don't have pics to post right now but I took quite a few so I will get them posted in the next day or so.
Kirk

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Restoring a 1985 Skeeter SS-1 Fisherman

Welcome to the iboats dry dock Kirk,

You have found the jewel of the web when it comes to boat information.

Glad to see that you have jumped into the deep end and started your own restoration on what seems to be a fine sea craft.

We are all here to help you out any way we can and cheer both you and your son-in-law in your upcoming challenges.

Ask lots of questions, post lots of pics, and have fun!

I'll be tagging along to watch your progress and be eagerly awaiting your "Splash" day.

Best of Luck,
GT1M

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Glad to see you got your thread started, I will add this to my watch list, and help in any way I can. At first I just wanted to get it functional myself, but looking at the ease of painting when it was light and flippable, and the inexpensive paint I used, I decided to go hole hog, you may get there yourself, Just have fun doing it and it is worthwhile

rothellkc

Recruit

I forgot to add that I am in Waxahachie, TX which is just south of Dallas.

Bondo

Staff member

I forgot to add that I am in Waxahachie, TX which is just south of Dallas.

Ayuh,.... Solicitation is a violation of forum rules, yer posts have been deleted,...