MFG rebuild getting started pics

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Somehow, I've got this feeling that, the good Karma that's gunna be coming your way once the Bass Boat is splashed, is gunna make up for the loss of this Wooden Boat. I KNOW the Big Man Upstairs is watchin what's going on in that Garage in Florida and he's just waitin to dumb a bunch of blessings on ya when the time is right. Patience is a virtue!!!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Woody I've already been blessed with so many good things . Having the help and support from all you guys and gals is blessing enough ..

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I would say heck NO!!!!!! If a fella was interested in 16 Hrs of work, I bet you could get it, hit it with a power washer, vacume, shiny it up a bit and dump it and at least double your dollars. Spend some more time and hang the motor get it running....Quad your dollars.....Sounds like easy money to me....

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Uhmmm, There's a feller down in Okie City...goes by the handle of Archbuiler, that found a similar boat in Stillwater a few years back with a tree growing in it. Ifn' i remember Kowrecktly he kinda did some werk on her and turned her into a think of bewty!!!!! I'm thinkin that ifn' a Flowreeda boy had a mind to do the same thing he prolly could. I might offer 2 Bills for boat Motor and trailer and see how it goes!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I emailed him this morning . We will see if he still has it . Shame it doesn't have a cool disco pit in the front like Cordell's

Tnstratofam

Commander
That deal is only good if the patio umbrella works!:D Seriously though the lines on that baby make her look like she's flying sitting still.:cool:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep The umbrella may just seal the deal !
The lady still has the boat . If it ain't raining after work I'll go check it out .. I told the Admiral that I was going to go look at a "go fast" boat ...
She said not with her in it !!:eek: These boats were made right here in j-ville from what I have read ...Not sure why I I've been pondering another project .Just wanted something unique to piddle around with over the next few years ..
The down side of this one is it's not really a family friendly boat , not sure the condition of the motor , and like all projects it needs a lot of work ...
The upsides are it's really cheap to start with , from what little I have read they were built pretty well , trailer is ok hopefully , has clear title to both boat and trailer ,does not look like a real difficult boat to restore , and mostly has an extreme kool factor to it ... :cool:
Wonder if this model came with a windshield originally ....

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I love the comment on the add, "body is solid" :eek:. That looks like a seriously cool boat, I wouldn't hesitate to pick that up!

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Samuel...think of it as your "mid-life crisis" gimme...a Corvette isn't "family friendly" either, but that stops nobody! And tell the admiral it's a lot cheaper than a Corvette...at least in the beginning!! My vote is, "what's takin' ya so long?"

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Don't think I could get a vette at this price ... And something tells me the Admiral woudn't think twice about driving around in a Corvette . But I,m thinking if this weed filled hunk of fiberglass turned out looking something like this , https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...=yhs-mozilla-001&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001 She would climb aboard for at least a few laps around the block .... Then I think I would sell it .. ;)
Raining cats and dogs up here Lisa ! If it would get cold maybe we could have snow for Christmas !

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Don't think I could get a vette at this price ... And something tells me the Admiral woudn't think twice about driving around in a Corvette . But I,m thinking if this weed filled hunk of fiberglass turned out looking something like this , https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...=yhs-mozilla-001&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001 She would climb aboard for at least a few laps around the block .... Then I think I would sell it .. ;)
Raining cats and dogs up here Lisa ! If it would get cold maybe we could have snow for Christmas !

That would be awesome!! Good luck on your next project Sir!!

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
That boat looks yummy, Sam. Yeah..I was a thinkin' bout you in this front...hoping for a little of the raindrops tomorrow. Butterfly garden thirsty. Think we're gonna get a little cooler too...maybe even 60!! Hope you get her...she'll look mighty fine after you have your way!! Merry Christmas to you and the family!! I'm going snook fishing on Christmas morning...by myself!!!

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
No cure, the condition can only be managed by exposure to resin fumes and glass itch.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'd guess-ti-mate that once you get the Trailer restored it alone would sell for what you paid for the total package!!! SCORE!!!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your new to you HOTROD!!