MFG rebuild getting started pics

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Bruce Springstein..Prb spelled wrong ...Something.... "He's got the fever ohhhh he's got the fever......
It's all work out!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Cool Boat!!!! Good Luck, I have no doubts that you can pull off another beauty!!!!

Rickmerrill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Where is NurseMan when you need him? Mr. Phelps needs a shot and some therapy - it's an addiction I tell you, an addiction!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep I need a shot and I can find that in the cabinet ... :joyous:
The motor is a 138 Fireball . Made by AMC from what I have come up with so far ....

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
WOW. Hole in the side and it just needs some cosmetic work!!! Gotta love it! I agree. Regardless of Kool factor. I'd hit him with all the negatives and the cost estimates and then a $600 bid. I'd pay $800 or walk away

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thats my thoughts Woody ..Can a patch repair be made or will I have to replace the whole side . Would love to have it stained all the way down to the waterline ..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
If you have some good pics of that area I can give yo a better answer after I see them. There are sways to conceal patches especially when using darker stains and in certain areas. In other areas it can be difficult

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep ^^^ pix

compound curve patches can be difficult to pull of really well in small areas.... Might require a much larger repair, not unlike a 6" hole in fiberglass becomes much larger before the glass goes back.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I can't get into my pb for some reason .Its not remembering my email /password ..
I guess I could start a new account.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sam
Didn't that happen once before, you'd max'd out your bandwidth/hits for the month? I don't have a paid PB acct, but have never run into their throttling of my PB usage.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Happy Thanksgiving Sam, cool pix, Think I would offer less than the asking price, but she would be really fun to rebuild!!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yup, Like WOG said. And at the end of the day a New Adventure!! I would love to tear into that.

tallcanadian

Captain
I don't want to be a gloomy Gus, and I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like a lot of work. It's not that I think you can't do it, actually quite the opposite. If you can see the work that needs to be done, I;m optimistic that there is a lot more hidden. It's like having a soft transom on a glass boat and not expect the stringers to be bad as well. However,after all my rant, It is a real cool looking boat and probably goes like scat. HAPPY TURKEY DAY