Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Been awhile since any real progress has been seen here, so the latest bit of forward momentum on the helm will have to suffice...

Did some trimming to get the final shape...

Then I wrapped the top with a piece of luan plywood [aka, door skin]...glued and stapled...

And then I did some playing around with some lighting possibilities...

Next on the agenda is to get ready for a water test...more on that later...

Have an awesome week, iboats.

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Ah...yeah, buddy...time to start making those "vroom, vroom" noises again and turn the fan on to give your hair a blow back!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Very nice fabrication Gus ! I like the blue light .. If ya go with the pink that might just place your man card in jeopardy ...

bear_69cuda

Commander
Awesome fab work brutha Gus!

You have so much of yourself in this boat.... I love watching you build things man!

Jackson sends his warm regards!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Must of cooled off down there some in the dead of winter ;)

Nice looking helm mock up :thumb:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Thanks for all the kudos, gang...really means a lot!
Been slammed all through the holidays with wrecked cars!
Thank God! as it well definitely help the bottom line...
However, between all the house issues...{believe it or not, I can't wait to get my central A/C working again...its warm down here!}
and a non-stop dose of work...
I have been lurking in and out for a few minutes at a time to check around and read about all of the amazing stuff going on around these here parts...
I certainly hope everyone has had a safe and healthy holiday season...thoughts and prayers to all.
But I haven't had much time to hang around...
I have however, been able to finalize a few things with the helm...[you know what they say about the devil is in the details...]

I had always intended to have it designed to be easily accessible for any kind of service or troubleshooting, which is why I attached it in place with a continuous hinge, SS, of course..., along the stern edge...

And two, SS, 3/8" x 3" hex head bolts w/washers and T-nuts to secure the forward part...

If/when necessary, they can be removed and the "eventual" helm cover can be slid off for full access to the back side of the helm...

Lots of stuff still side tracking me from the important stuff like boat restoration, but eventually life will let up a bit and let me get some real, serious, important-type work done, like finishing this tub...

To answer the question of how I am going to finish this off...?...welllll, I have so many options open to me, that to give an answer now would require several written pages of thoughts and ideas and beers...

Anyhow, till next we meet again...its off to work I go...Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho...
Thanks for all the support and may all of our happy boating dreams come true...

zool

Captain
Yup Gus, if u don't keep up with all the life stuff now, youll be too busy dealing with it later to use the boat .....plus I find it much more enjoyable working on the boat, without a ton of deferred chores looming over my head ;)

Clear the decks, the boat will be there when ur ready...;)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
GT1M, I looked at all the different lighting options you displayed for us to see on you newly designed dashboard gauge setup. If you are having a tuff time deciding, why not install LEDs that can change color and solve all your problems? I am still reading and watching to see that newly designed Glasstream boat of yours as you finish up... Always interesting and thought provoking ideas when I take a look at your work. :encouragement::encouragement:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep , life stuff like A/C repair takes time and $ ... Living in Fl with no a/c is no fun at all !!!
Hinged helm ! Just another example of awesome Gus ingenuity !! :thumb:
Keep the faith brother you'll have it done before ya know it ! :cool:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Gus, you seem to have an real knack for laying things out! The hinge on the helm is a nice bit of thinking! Looking forward to any and all future progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.