Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Week at work was hectic to say the least...
All during the week, late into the evenings, I would go out to the boat and wrap cables and tubes with spiral wrap and contemplate the final layout of the new helm station...
Saturday I got up bright and early, all fired up to do some serious fabrication work...by late Sunday afternoon, I had something to show for it...

Then it was time to cut some plywood into what would become the backbone for the helm...

Then the required Vroom-Vroom noises were made...

Hope everyone is having a boat-tastic weekend and getting your appetites enlarged for the upcoming festivities...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Hi GT,
Glad to see all the work is blasting away and looks great. In regards to the pex they make adapters to go from barb to pex. Look in the "SHARKBITE" area or the pex area at Home DeBlow or Blowes. By heating up the pex to make the barb fit you lose the integrity and molecular value/structures of the materials. I hope the area is easily accessible.
Pex is not intended to be heated up. If you don't make the transition with the available fitting then at the least still put a hose clamp on it. Pex is very flexible and typically will contour to bends and sweeping turns without being heated.
Also Foamcore PVC pipe in regards to plumbing renovations is not accepted by typically all plumbing codes. For the boat application I see no reason why not to use it.Home deblow sells it cause there stuck with it.

Thanks for the info KC...
The area where the bilge line runs will always remain as accessible as most anything can be in a boat and it will have double clamps at any and all joints...

Awe....awesome picture right there, buddy. We had such a nice visit. I hated to go. Big props to you and the admiral. I felt so welcome and your hospitality was a much needed respite to a stressful day. I haven't tried to load my pic of us yet as I am still experiencing photobucket problems. Anyway...thanks again, Gus...not to shabby for a couple of old hippies!! BTW...went to dr. today. He shot that bum joint on my thumb with some cortisone. We'll see how it fares in the long run, but hurts like a moth&( ^$#(*)* right now.

I hope the thumb gets the attention it needs from the new "Doc"...
All the best to the rest of the Family...
Visit was a blast!

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Slowly but surely turning an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan /one awesome bass boat ! :cool:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hey, I thought you lived in Florida????? These shots look like Bassassin Blvd is an unlimited, No Speed Limit, freeway in Wyoming somewhere:

Speed Shot...
SpeedShot.jpg

Haulin' Arse...
e4d3a1d5-b940-4833-9e06-f9689c8ee03a.jpg

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Awe, carp! If I knew you was gunna go fer a test drive, I would've brought my BI-kini last week during our visit and let you pull me on my wake board! I'm pretty good at pretend jumpin' waves!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Awe, carp! If I knew you was gunna go fer a test drive, I would've brought my BI-kini last week during our visit and let you pull me on my wake board! I'm pretty good at pretend jumpin' waves!

Yea , the Tower of Power would be fast enough ta pull both of us !

bear_69cuda

Commander
Hey brutha Gus,

Been lurking on your progress and I must say you are building one fine ship... I love the speed shot!

Beautiful work my man!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Bear

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well now...Ifn' I didn't Knowz better I'd think brother Gus was showin OFF!!!! That's some my-T fyne Fab ra MUH Kay SHUN Doncha KNOWZ !!!!! When this thing is done, it's gunna be the envy of every bass fisherman on the Lake!!!!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Hey, I thought you lived in Florida????? These shots look like Bassassin Blvd is an unlimited, No Speed Limit, freeway in Wyoming somewhere:

Is there such a thing as "the Bonneville Salt Flats" of Fresh water...?
Oh wait, yeah one comes immediately to mind...The Big "O"...among others...

I didn't want to mess up your thumb...:whistle:...

Yea , the Tower of Power would be fast enough ta pull both of us !

I don't know...
You & Me + Me & You +You & Lisa + Lisa & You + Me & Lisa + Lisa & Me...
The twelve of us...:eek:
might be a bit much for the 'ol 140...
Now slap a nice modern 150 on there...???
OK, yeah, when the money tree explodes, maybe...
Still might need a bit more floatation foam...tho...

Hey brutha Gus,

Been lurking on your progress and I must say you are building one fine ship... I love the speed shot!

Beautiful work my man!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Bear

Loved seeing you around these here parts, always a pleasure to follow your latest and greatest...
Kind of helps keep me in the aluminum state of mind...always an eye out, but rarer than unobtainium down here...
Say Hi to the General for me...
Have an awesome feasting day!:D

Well now...Ifn' I didn't Knowz better I'd think brother Gus was showin OFF!!!! That's some my-T fyne Fab ra MUH Kay SHUN Doncha KNOWZ !!!!! When this thing is done, it's gunna be the envy of every bass fisherman on the Lake!!!!

My brother Woody, you humble me in so many ways...
I only look to emulate the finer Tee-chins n lurnins ize be git n round cheer...
Heck, at this point I'm just hopin this thing'll float... :rolleyes:...

Here's hopin its a short week and lots of family& friends time gets spent...we got way too much saved up...;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hang on now I,m down about 45 lbs from that pic ...I use that pic for motivation to stay away from the carbs .. I know " Fat Guy in a little jacket " ! :facepalm: :laugh:

Daniel1947

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey Gus....always an exciting adventure visiting your thread, although I think maybe some of it needs to go to Comedy Central on TV, lol. I was wondering if your gauges are the originals that came off the boat or if you got some new ones? Also, I can't tell from the pics, but is the speedometer the standard type or by any chance one of those GPS models. I was thinking about getting a GPS speedometer, but haven't really found any info on the forum pro or con. BTW...have a good "turkey day," I won't waste my breath telling you to not eat too much. Good work as always on the boat.
Dan

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
...uh, yeah...uh....yup, Gus!...we'll go with that excuse...uh, I didn't want to show off because I had a doctor's note about the thumb that specifically said, "under no circumstances are you, friderday, allowed to pretend jump pretend waves behind the Bassassin when Gus is pretend driving/speeding." Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Oh and Sam, I have the same 3 sizes too small life jacket, but we make up for it with our "three sizes too big" heart! Heaven help us if we EVER all get in the same room! Comedy tour fer sure!!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Top of the Morning
Up since 3:15 A.M. getting the smoker fired up & loaded with some bird meat in preparation for later today's stuff-a-paloosa...
Just popped in to say...

iboats!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Happy Turkey day to you as well.....just did the same thing....the smoker is slowley fillling the neighborhood with it glorious smell.....apple/sherry if the wood for today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.