Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Nice to hear from you gt. Wow house looks great as usual what you touch turns to gold!!! I myself can not wait for you to start posting your progress

Hi Minch, Thanks, glad to be back...

Good to know you're still around GT! The beauty of a hobby is that it is always there for you when time/money permit! That canoe looks really nice as well! Looking forward to any and all future progress.

Thanks nurse, "itching" to get done with the house so's I can get back to some fun stuff...

Welcome back, ugh main line plumbing replacement.

Nice glasser canoe

Thanks JB, at least the nasty stuff will go in the right direction from now on...:rolleyes:

Glad to see ya back Gus ... Plumbing is always fun huh ... :rolleyes: From one of those pics looks like your either putting in a clean out or roughing in for an outdoor kitchen .. :joyous:
Thanks for the update and keep it going down hill !;)

Hey there, Sam...happy to be hangin around again...
No outdoor kitchen, but no indoor mess either...:laugh:

Since GT can not get the boat to the water I thought he was bringing the water to the boat...:D

S'up Cowboy, how ya doin?
ya know, that ain't a half bad idea, there...

Okay super glad to hear from you again. I do miss your innovative ideas for you GlassStream Hydro Bass boat. But I see other things have take place of the work. Sorry to hear about the new plumbing replacements. But really glad to see you're back again. For a second there I thought you changed your bass boat turn into a canoe. :facepalm:

Thanks GM, hopin to git-r-dun soon! the house that is, so I can back to more important things, like fixin my boats...

Oh man that's a serious rehab right there, but digging around in dirt isn't nearly as itchy as that glass :lol:

True! but it sure does leave a nice layer of dust on everything!:painkiller:

I always wanted to put jet-ski power in a canoe as a fun joke...

That could be a lot of fun, now that you mention it...:cool-new:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
I realize a guy can put a lot of work into a glass canoe and a new trench full of septic pipes. But I gotta ask, just cause, how da ell does anyone get 2500 posts on a project :D
Like this...;)

Wasn't a criticism - trying for a witticism instead. I love it. Still can't believe how nice this is gonna be when it gets finished.

Totally got your wit...
Thanks! I'm hoping get it finished some day...:madgrin:
and :welcome: to my little corner of insanity, Rick...:D

^^^ What JB said! Gus great to hear from ya! The house looks great. Happy plumbing = Happy peepee's, Oops I mean peoples!:doh:
So what color LED's are you selecting for the front porch evening mood lighting? :very_drunk:

Take Care!

Hiya SBB...gonna go with the disco version...
very glad to be back...

I have been wondering about you.. Great to see your still alive and kicking..
The front of the house is amazing.. The plumbing work looks like it took its toll..
I wrapped up the deck boat and went to the dark side.. Tinny..OOPS :lol:
Hope you get things back in order before Christmas..
Great to hear from you..

Howdy Kent! Very happy to hear that you are up and about again, all the best!
Getting caught up with your goings on over on the
DARK SIDE...:joyous:

Welcome back! Nice score on the canoe. I think I'd go with twin 50's on 'er. :faint2:

Add a couple recycled aircraft pod tanks for sponsons, 1 per side, and hang the 50s off the back of them, and I think you've got something Mike....

And it adds a touch of tin to the poor ole glaseer so it doesnt get a body dismorphia about been so itchy and scratchy... :facepalm: :becky:

Thanks Mike...
Hmmmm, I think I like the idea of twin 50's on sponsons...:plane:

Hi, Ohh Silver!!!!!! It's the LOOOOOOOOOONE STRANGER!!!!! It's REALLY good to hear from ya Gustafson!!!! Glad the Homestead is getting a workover and you'll soon be back on the BassAssasin!!! Looking forward to it. I MISS your smiling Face!!!!

Glad to be back, ya big galoot...been missing y'all...:watermelon:

Holy smokes GT I didn't think there was any bigger mess then grinding FG but you have proven that wrong.

Keep that end picture in your head and just like a boat it'll all be worth it in the end.

Thanks TDF...Yep, I thought grinding glass was dusty...sheesh!
Oh well, at least it don't itch...

He's alive!!! Thanks for the update Gus. Life does seem to have a way of changing our priorities. Nice work on the house.

Thanks WC...hoping to get back to it real soon...

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I like your entrance.

The trenches caught my eye. The ground actually looks fairly easy to dig. I spent over $35,000 on a track hoe with a 7,000# hammer to make my trenches. I do have a couple inches of soil on top of the basalt. At least I'm retired and don't need to farm this place.

With that canoe and your planned motor you should be able to pull a couple of water skiers.:D

brentjsimm

Cadet
i'm sure i'll get in trouble for reviving an old thread, but it seems as if this project ended abruptly. am i missing something? how has the boat changed since nov, 2015? i've read every page up to this point. it's like reading a book, and suddenly the last chapter is missing. any updates?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
The member is going thru some transitions but he assures us he WILL eventually get back to this project. Keep checking back you never know when it will happen.;):D

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sorry Brent, but dont revive inactive topics. If the member who started a topic had any updates (or wanted to post them) they likely would have.

Gus, PM any Mod when you get settled and want this topic re-opened.

Safe travels North and West

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
IMG_3774JPG.jpgIMG_4181JPG.jpgIMG_3897JPG.jpgIMG_4247JPG.jpgrsz_img_4275(1).jpg

Hello to all my shipmates here on iboats...
I have finally been able to resettle in one of the most amazing places on earth...
Colorado!
After selling the house in Miami and making two road trips from there to here back in April of last year, we stuffed our belongings in a storage unit and dropped the truck and boat at a separate storage yard and moved in temporarily with a cousin who lives in Denver.
That's when our search was to begin for our new future home...when of course once again, life stepped in and Lucie had to fly back to Miami.
Her Mom had to have a kidney transplant and Lucie went to help tend for her mom's care while she recovered. Thank God and all the prayers, she has made a good recovery.
Anyhow, that delayed the house search a couple of months, since there was no way I could choose a home without the much needed input of my best half.
When Lucie returned to Denver, we began our search...
Long story, edited version...
Traveled 1000's of miles all over the state looking for that just right place.
Before we knew it, winter was fast approaching and house inventories were starting to run low...???:confused:
Being transplanted city folk, we were unaware, that as winter sets in around here, people don't list homes due to the hassles of having to move in the middle of a snow storm...duh! Lesson learned, but we still hadn't found our future homestead and the thought of burning through more funds just waiting out the winter...?!?
Then a property popped on the radar near a small town called Westcliffe, and our realtor was on top of it...she called, we went, we saw, we liked...
A LOT!
You might say, it was love at first site...:first:
Soooo, after almost a year in limbo and homeless, we closed the deal on Valentine's Day, 2017 on our new homestead!:whoo:
After another 6 months, I have finally been able to bring my toys home to their new roost...
A big, beautiful, whopping, 2560 square foot shop set upon my very own (well, and the bank's...:rolleyes:)10.7 acres, with an incredible view of Pike's Peak, plus a nice house on the land for the wife!
Really got to admit, this almost feels like we won some kind of lottery...
We are still getting properly settled into our new surroundings and enjoying every minute of it.:thumb:

So that brings us up to date...:focus:

The Bassassin will be getting attended to as much as possible in the upcoming months...
Summer boating weather will be ending in a couple of months or so, around here, and winter should provide a good opportunity to get this barge ready for some water by next years' boating season...fingers crossed.
That being said, I look forward to getting caught up with all the goings on around here, in the almost 2 years I have missed, and visiting with my shipmates.
As any progress occurs on my tub, I will be sure to report here immediately!
All the best and as always...
Tight Lines and Float, Float On!:D

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Welcome back to the fold! oh and the left side of the country :cool:

That sure is a nice big hangar you have to work on boats. :thumb:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Welcome back

NICE new joint ya got there.. AND a shop ta boot :becky:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
His..it's really great to have you back Theted a high probability that me and the admiral will be coming your way in the very near future

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I was just thinking about you a few days ago and was going to ask if anybody had heard from you. So glad you are back. I really enjoyed following your boat project along. Take care and when the boat project starts back up, post those pictures. You always seem to have some great ideas. :thumb:

Nice to have such interesting scenery to look at every day. Must be really nice to see a picture postcard daily!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Guussss! Glad your back brother !!
So from alligators to mountain lions !Lol!
Very nice crib and a whole lot of land ..
Looking forward to getting caught up .
With all that land you could have a whole herd of BBE's !🙂 But with the size of that hanger you prolly won't need BBE ...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Welcome back to the fold! oh and the left side of the country :cool:

That sure is a nice big hangar you have to work on boats. :thumb:

Welcome back

NICE new joint ya got there.. AND a shop ta boot :becky:

His..it's really great to have you back Theted a high probability that me and the admiral will be coming your way in the very near future

I was just thinking about you a few days ago and was going to ask if anybody had heard from you. So glad you are back. I really enjoyed following your boat project along. Take care and when the boat project starts back up, post those pictures. You always seem to have some great ideas. :thumb:

Nice to have such interesting scenery to look at every day. Must be really nice to see a picture postcard daily!

Missed ya, Gus! Glad things have settled down for you and no more hurricanes. Good luck, Bill

Glad to see you again! That is a sweeeeet set-up you got there!

Guussss! Glad your back brother !!
So from alligators to mountain lions !Lol!
Very nice crib and a whole lot of land ..
Looking forward to getting caught up .
With all that land you could have a whole herd of BBE's !🙂 But with the size of that hanger you prolly won't need BBE ...

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, gents!
I am super stoked to be back and get all caught up with everything going on around these here parts...
Excited to finally have the Bassassin within reach so I can get back to work on it...

The shop is awesome.
No more broiling hot, suffocating BBE's in my future...:mad2:...
No more neighbors to B&M about the wonderful smell and dust of glassing...:painkiller:...
I'll take getting snowed in and cougars over hurricanes, any day...
I can walk a few hundred feet to my own shooting range...
The picture postcard views, the peace and quiet(which I intend to disturb on occasion), the great neighbors, the wildlife...yep, Home run!:peace:

I am on my way to the shop now...
gotta empty the boxes, parts, and supplies that I had stashed in the hull and see what's what...

My intended first goal is to permanently mount the motor bracket.
That will entail removing the bracket and drilling, grinding and resealing the area just below the transom cross brace to make clearance for the two bottom motor bracket bolts.
Once that is taken care of, I plan to mount the bracket and begin the task of assembling and hanging of the Tower of Power.
Hopefully, by the next progress update, I will have some actual progress:behindsofa: and pix to prove it;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
So , where will the Bassassin be splashed ? Hopefully not to far from a lake or river for ya !

NorthwestChap

Petty Officer 1st Class
Love the shop. That will be a good place to hide when the snow piles up, and up, and up...

Monterey Dreams

Chief Petty Officer
Hi-ya Gus,
It's good to hear from you again. Congrats on the new digs.
I'm kinda lurking around here again too.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.