1988 SunRunner 235 Weekender

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgc

Ensign
Re: 1988 SunRunner 235 Weekender

There is a benefit to this cold weather…ICE FISHIN!!

bgc

Ensign
Wow this has been a very long project.....Looks like I need to repost all of the pics..

Got the boat home and started working on the trailer. 2 coats of Sherwin Williams DTM Coating and it still needs another but it looks a lot better.

jbcurt00

Staff member
There is still a high probability that the pix will 'auto' re-post when the current problems are resolved, don't start re-posting them just yet................

Nice looking trailer.

bgc

Ensign
Thank you, its getting there.

The pics came up, just took a bit.

bgc

Ensign
Got the fluids changed, checked the electrical in the boat, installing LED trailer lights and rebuilding the rear cushions.......shes going to be in the water yet!

bgc

Ensign
I finished installing the helm, got new instrumentation lights in, throttle hooked up, seats installed, motor cover in, and put 27 gallons of 93 octane in the tank.
I tried for an hour to get her running, shed only run if i dribbled fuel into the carb. Opened the carb and all of the rubber was mush !&@*#.....

bgc

Ensign
Independence day on the water with my entire family! Ten of us on the two boats, new first mate had a blast(18 weeks old)!

bgc

Ensign
Got the cabin doors, swim platform step, and vinyl with padding for the side panels next to the seats installed.

Brian WV

Seaman
No Title

photo204936.jpg Glad to see this Sunrunner hit the water again. I dont see many at all in seaworthy shape anymore, let alone be clean. I love the swim platform. Mine came with a soaked/rotted fiberglass one. Luckily supports were good and i put trex decking on it. Also thanks for the info with regards to the faucet! It all works now!

Whats still on the to do list?

Here is mine.. I have the teal stripe

Attachments

• photo204935.jpg
    photo204935.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

bgc

Ensign
Brian, Good looking boat!

The to do list never stops growing....

Rebuild Seats and recover(I going to have this professionally done)
Finish the Divider behind the helm
Rebuild the foot rests
Add a bow pulpit and install the windlass
Restore the motor and drive
Re upholster the sleeping area
and on, and on......

Brian WV

Seaman
Whew thats alot!

i think the footrest redo is in my near future as well. While its nice that you can store things there i find it always getting full of moisture. I found some nice folding L-brackets that have wood as the footrest. I like the idea of being able to fold them up and have extra space. Unless you have a way that you can seal the old ones so moisture doesnt get in?

Mine was a trailer queen with a cover on it it so i got lucky with alot of things not needing my immediate attn.

cant wait to see more progress!

MaicoDoug

Recruit
Last weekend, one year later after your maiden splash, my '89 235 Weekender hit the water for the 1st time. On the 4th she did well going out in the open sea in 6 foot seas, after a quick U turn, it was back in the channel. Everything checked out OK. For me this boat has only a few minor issues which were for the most part taken care of. I do have a bad raw water tank leak, which is coming out as soon as I cool off today. Texas heat is back.

I hope your 1st mate is doing well. Best wishes on your Sunrunner. Post a couple of pics when you have a chance. Here is one of mine. closeup 23ft 1989 sunrunner.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Doug,
After 90days w out activity, topics should be left inactive.

After a year, this topic is inactive. Let it be a resource and for research only, not to be posted to.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.