1968 Larson All American

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
In your P/B click on the pick you want to post ..It will show up kinda big . Over on the right you will see an IMG tag . Click on that and it will flash yellow copied ..
Then go back to your post right click and paste ..

thanks, i was trying to attach it, that was much easier

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Good deal ! Should feel good and solid now . Is that the splashwell glassed back in on the last pic ?

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
capped the transom today, wanted to get more done but the admiral was singing at a music festival and i had to go show support, then had a bit of rain.slight setback but hopefully weather permiting i can get the drain tubes in and some painting done;)

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
hope my kicker still fits, ended up being thicker than before,like 2 1/2" thick, had to buy longer bolts, jumped up and down on the cavitation plate, all that happens is the trailer jack comes off the ground. couple more touch ups and its going boating

Larson67

Cadet
Hey Coolbri, just bought a '67 All American (16') and I'm getting ready for a basic restoration on it. Haven't pulled up the deck yet, but the rest of it looks at least decent and the motor runs. Dealing with a family emergency (father-in-law in hospital), so won't be able to take her out on a shakedown cruise for a couple days, yet. In the meantime, I'm tweaking it here and there, checking the carbs, gapping plugs and points, etc.. and cleaning up wiring. Also reading everything I can about the boat and the motor ('67 Johnson 60hp). Just read your whole thread and learned a lot from you and the guys who helped you. Kinda jumpy now about pulling up the floor... but your thread kind of inspired me to start a new thread on my project boat. I know I'm going to have lots of questions...

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
Hey Coolbri, just bought a '67 All American (16') and I'm getting ready for a basic restoration on it. Haven't pulled up the deck yet, but the rest of it looks at least decent and the motor runs. Dealing with a family emergency (father-in-law in hospital), so won't be able to take her out on a shakedown cruise for a couple days, yet. In the meantime, I'm tweaking it here and there, checking the carbs, gapping plugs and points, etc.. and cleaning up wiring. Also reading everything I can about the boat and the motor ('67 Johnson 60hp). Just read your whole thread and learned a lot from you and the guys who helped you. Kinda jumpy now about pulling up the floor... but your thread kind of inspired me to start a new thread on my project boat. I know I'm going to have lots of questions...

first thing you want to do is check the transom wood to see if it is solid and dry, the stringers are different than what most boats have, basically 1x10s laid flat on top of foam wrapped in fiberglass, so you want to make sure the foam is dry

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
the transom was too thick for my kicker, i took about 1/8 inch off with the grinder now it fits good but i will have to touch up the paint now

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
spent most of my vacation doing porch repairs:facepalm: but i did make it to the river last friday:D

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
i did try the motors before i went and it was a good thing because when i squeezed the primer ball gas squirted everywhere:doh: so i made a late night run to wallyworld and got a new one, after that they both started right up and ran great. had awesome day on the river:peace:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The Admiral and the rest of the crew looks like they were enjoying the sunshine and river cruise ...
I like the shot with the All American emblem on the dash .. :cool: