Fiberglass restoration

I have an aggressor bass boat. The top of the fiberglass is sun damaged. What is the best way of bringing the shiny back to the top?

Re: Fiberglass restoration

By metal flake do you mean sparkly? It has glitery stuff in it but it is not so shiny now.

BWT

Petty Officer 1st Class

yup, that's flake. Post some pics when you can so we have a better idea of what you're working with..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Restoring Metalflake to it's original shine can sometimes be quite complicated. Close up pics would really help us to help you. There's a link in my signature line below on how to post em.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

And its a good idea NOT to try and buff it before we have a chance to take a peek at her :) .

YD.

grayboy26

Recruit

yup, that's flake. Post some pics when you can so we have a better idea of what you're working with..

I have a 1984 glasstream bass pro 1550 I am trying to restore the color I gave qa marine fiber glass restoration kit system but it gas alot of sun damage it or oxidation and it does have that flake stuff on the boat as well do I sand it dowm firdt and them start the process what is your opinion.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Gray boy,

You should prolly start your own thread and post some pics if you want some help on your boat. This one is almost 3 months old with no Posts.