Pontoon rebuild / redesign

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I'll try to put the post together in the next day or so, laying tile in the hallway today.....yes sphelps.....fun the first couple tiles, but 500 or so tiles later I am ready to have it done!

As for the other thread, its a story on how I wasted yesterday! Lol!

zool

Captain
bath came out great Arch, nice job!....isn't it amazing how a big building like that can start to fill up quickly? lol..you should see the Admirals face when she says "can you store this out in a barn?" and I say, I don't have room! :D...priceless

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I have a testosterone scanner, if it doesn't meet minimum standards ( silk flowers, candle holders etc) it gets incinerated.....opens up a lot of storage area, but then again I'm single :D Maybe you could get one and call it the "bed bug scanner"..might be a good cover story for getting rid of some pillows.....what is it with pillows? They must put crack in them or something? Me I am good with a nice fiberglass dust filled pillow!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Looks like you got the Pic thing figured out!!! Bath and Barn looks GREAT!!! Hope you get back to work on the "TOON" Real soon. I'm gunna have to come visit you when I move to Edmond in 2017'

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's all looking great Arch! Can't wait until you get back to the toon! I've found a 1987 24' party barge in the same condition. I'm following your rebuild before I take the plunge and commit to mine! Just a couple of hours away so holler if you need an extra hand!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
UPDATE: I just now managed to get my head back above water from all of the tornado stuff. I can't believe it, but I have spent the last year and a half getting everything sorted out. I'm down to just a few things, mostly paint here, trim there and stuff like that. Life finally feels normal! I am so burned our on building barns, fences, remodeling the house etc, I can't see strait! I normally love that kind of stuff, but this has been a bit much even for me! Now that things are down to a dulll roar, I am itching to get back to a boat or car project. Over the summer I put a lot of thought into it, and decided that I needed to get two things done.

1) get the jeep in good operating order, after all one has to get the girls and suds to the beach! The purple ***** jeep is still wanting some attention. I think she needs a head gasket (smokes white sometimes with a sweat smell out of the right bank) and the trans / clutch and or transfer case is acting up.
2) I need a boat that will handel more than two or three people. Miss Morgan is awesome, but there are weekends when I have 4 or more people at the lake. That is where the pontoon boat came in.

So pondering things, I have deceided that I don't have the time or money to finish the pontoon this winter. I really want to do a good job on this, and create something really cool. So I am shelfing this project for a while, I hate to do that, but it makes sense when I look at what I really need and the available time before the next season. Right now she is just going to stay in my stable of projects, hopefully I can get back to her next year.

I did pick up a "fixer upper" to solve my short term needs, here is the link to the thread I am starting on her. I hope to be back to this one soon!

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Breakin my heart Arch! Was really lookin forward to the pontoon rebuild. Life has a funny way of getting in the way sometimes. However, positive thinking tells me it's definitely for the better. The toon will be waiting when you get around to it!

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Waiting...(lol)
Project Fuggly is definitely making good progress. Keep up the good work Arch!