Fiberglass resin on the floor.

NESAR

Petty Officer 2nd Class
There is plywood on it now we have the resin. Any Ideas on how to spread it over the floor to seal the wood all off
I'm sure a paint brush is not the best way.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Fiberglass resin on the floor.

There is plywood on it now we have the resin. Any Ideas on how to spread it over the floor to seal the wood all off
I'm sure a paint brush is not the best way.

Not real sure what you're asking. If you're talking about resin only, and it's polyester resin then it will do nothing to protect the wood without glass too. If you're talking epoxy then that's a little different but polyester is easier to work with and cheaper too.

A roller or brush is the most common method for apply either. Post some pictures and lets see what you have.

By the way, I see another thread started by you. If this is the same boat it's much better to keep it all in one thread as it's easier for everyone to follow.

CW

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

If you are using poly, I would use a couple of layers of 1.5 oz cms over the floor. Pick up a bubble buster roller too, it will help you to get things to lay down. Its a two person job, make sure you have a lot of mixing pails and some rubber gloves.

NESAR

Petty Officer 2nd Class

There is a coat om the floor already. I wanted to put a fresh coat on. Will that be okay to use just the resin with out the glass?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

There is a coat om the floor already. I wanted to put a fresh coat on. Will that be okay to use just the resin with out the glass?

NO IT WONT,,,,,,resin by itself is just a waist of time and money.....it needs fiberglass.

may i suggest you spend some time reading here click the link in my sig for a quick boatucation........really good glassing info there