Mixing west 105 & 205 hardener with system three silica for peanut butter filler

wallybme

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I need some feedback from the experts. Can I do this? I have the system three silica and glass filler and wondered if I can use them in the 105 and 205 West epoxy mixture.

wallybme

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Mixing west 105 & 205 hardener with system three silica for peanut butter filler

Re: Mixing west 105 & 205 hardener with system three silica for peanut butter filler

Any feedback??

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Yup .. the filler is just a brand name and does not need to be from the same mfg.

I use cabosil with everything :) .. west system and poly ..

You can buy the tubes of filler from WS .. same stuff as the bag you can buy from ..erm..somewhere else..

Filler is filler.. resin is resin. You can hodgepodge your thickener/filler with whatever you want ( cotton flock,cabosil,mill fibre,csm and etc. ) . Resin stays the same .. but your powder is whatever you want.

YD.

Bondo

Staff member

I use cabosil with everything

Ayuh,... Cabosil is the Best at keepin' the resin from leachin' outa the putty, before it Kicks off...

wallybme

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks