'97 Tracker Pro Deep V Facelift

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
I've been taking my Tracker apart and ripping carpet off of decking for the past few day and thought I'd post some pics.

I did this about 6 years ago and it kinda irks me to have to do it again, but it's my own fault for not using the right materials. I used the Home Depot "marine" carpet and the indoor outdoor adhesive that was supposed to be good for boats too... NOT!!! The adhesive held ok for about 3 years then it started letting go of the carpet causing it to pucker, mainly on the horizontal surfaces while the vertical surfaces held pretty well... but it's all coming out, no more carpet!

I'll be putting Nautolex marine vinyl back in and using the Nautolex adhesive and should get much better service out of it.

Now for some pics.

Fore with fore, aft decks, side panels removed.
DSC02191.jpg

Aft
DSC02192.jpg

The puckered bunghole.
DSC02195.jpg

Fore with all decking and carpet removed.
DSC02203.jpg

Aft
DSC02205.jpg

I really like the way they did the foam in this boat and there's no shortage of it.

DSC02206.jpg

I'll update this thread as work progresses.

Last edited:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: '97 Tracker Pro Deep V Facelift

Oh great......... I used the HD indoor outdoor with the 6700 adhesive........ Is this my future too :(

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Oh great......... I used the HD indoor outdoor with the 6700 adhesive........ Is this my future too :(

I dunno Bob, it didn't work for me but maybe it'll work for you.

Bob_VT

Staff member

Well looking at your location...... you get more sun and heat in a week then we get all summer. Time will tell

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Well looking at your location...... you get more sun and heat in a week then we get all summer. Time will tell

Yeah, it's hotter than a blistered pinocha in a pepper patch down here right now!

I found the old can of glue I used, it isn't the 6700 it's the Henry 663 outdoor carpet adhesive... I threw rocks at it, spat upon it, and farted in it's general direction.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

Although 6 years isn't long, you tinny guys sure have it easy to redo. You should have that taken care of in a weekend or two.

Good luck with it....fortunately you already know what to do.

FarmallM

Seaman Apprentice

I see you have Down East rod holders on one side and another brand on the other side. After using both, do you have a preference? I had the Down East on my previous boat, and the other style on my current restoration but haven't had a chance to use them for trolling yet.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

I see you have Down East rod holders on one side and another brand on the other side. After using both, do you have a preference? I had the Down East on my previous boat, and the other style on my current restoration but haven't had a chance to use them for trolling yet.

Nice catch!!!

Personally the only thing I ever wanted the down easy for would be trolling for musky,...But I have Ram's on my boat and those seem sufficient,..

I look forward to the op's answer,...

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I like the Downeasters for their durability, the Roberts on the other side are ok but I've broken a couple of them.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That is one of the more thorough foam installations I've seen and with good drainage to boot. Yeah that carpet sure did go to heck didn't it? :p

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

That is one of the more thorough foam installations I've seen and with good drainage to boot. Yeah that carpet sure did go to heck didn't it? :p

I'm fairly proud of the foam job they did, I've heard of and seen others on here that weren't quite so spiffy. I tested it the other day and it seems like the 8 lb. density, I can only dent it with my fingernail.

The carpet went to heck in a handbag and I'm still kicking myself for not using better quality materials... but live and learn eh!?

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Well, I'm getting pretty close to being finished with the boat and thought I'd post some pics.

I've been bustin' my butt on this thing every day and it has taken a lot longer than I thought it would, but I'm pleased with the results.

With the hatches open:

DSC02246.jpg

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02248.jpg

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

With the hatches closed:

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

DSC02249.jpg

DSC02252.jpg

I'm not completely done yet, still lack a piece or two of trim and the little box in front of the console to hide the side storage gap... but I should have it on the water in a day or two.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Well, I'm no Tin Boat guy, but from where I'm lookin, I'd say that's a Mighty Fine install!!!!
WOW!!!!

Looks like a brand new boat.

Great Work JNG!!!!

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Very nice, I hope to get the Sea Nymph looking something like that.

Edit: I had asked for some other pics but now that I scroll around I see that what I want to see is there already.:D

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

Fantastic job....looks like it just came off the showroom floor.....

fishrdan

Admiral

Looks great Jig, you're going to like how easy it's to keep the boat clean now. I used the blue foam in my livewell lid too, really helps keep the live well cooler.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Trackers don't look that good new, Nice job!!!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

It was a lot of hard work and I'm just glad it didn't turn out lookin' like a Billy Goats butt sewed up with a grapevine.

Bob_VT

Staff member

WOW nice job..........!

Status
Not open for further replies.