Boat Glove box HELP

sakrafice

Cadet
I Have a 1997 Sylvan V196 And really really need to find the glove box/ice/radio for it. Where do you guys go to restore these boats? I understand most boats just have broken pieces that can be fixed but my problem is I got the boat with it missing, Im in the middle of copying the drivers side mold and then cut it in the slide and some how flip it to go the other way since it appears to be the same mold just reversed... Any how its not looking promising so im trying to find a place that sells box's or something. Sylvan is so hard to search for parts because of the results you get and lack of parts. im really thinking of just selling this boat if its this much trouble to find anything =\ I do like it for its rareity and the fact its not a bayliner "no offense" since thats all that's on my lake. But anyway if anyone knows of where to go online or have seen this box anywhere please let me know. I checked a local boatyard and they had all old stuff.

Heres a pic:
glove1.jpg

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Boat Glove box HELP

A good source of new OEM boat parts like dash boards, gauge clusters, seats etc is GreatLakesSkipper.com You might have to check in with them ever week or two as their stock changes regularly. Otherwise its ebay or salvage sites.

sakrafice

Cadet

i contacted them via email, havent herd a word unfortunatly. All salvage sites i find dont list there boats which sucks. And im willing to pay a good amount for this item

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

There are BOATLOADS of them on Ebay - just keeping looking for yours.

sakrafice

Cadet

if anyone is in a boat yard please take a look for me to see if there is one, if you fine one any color id pay you for the time as well as the cost + ur mark up to get me that glove box console. Thanks! just pm me.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

forget the e-mail stuff.......(great lakes skipper is a bit different) call them......these are marine machanics and or salvage guys.....they get paid for being in the yard, not at the puter......get the phone numbers and start calling around

sakrafice

Cadet

i did, greatlakes told me what they have on there website is currently what they have to offer.

sakrafice

Cadet

also have called around and they all tell me i need to come and look... they dont have time to go search... least thats what hildbrand(sp) told me..