being offered this boat & trailer for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

stampedevxl

Recruit
hello, im new here, my uncle is offering me this boat that been sitting in his property for years for free... i have no idea what it is, the interior is trashed, and the outside looks good, trailer is a bit rusty and the motor looks good (from outside)

is this something worth the effort of hauling it 8 miles to my home?

i would want the trailer and the outboard, maybe some other parts that are good for sale?

its a mercury 150. if I take the engine cover off what are some things to look for? to see if its in working order.

here is a vid i made of it on sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix4NlEGizGw

thanks in advance!
if anyone local is interested tell me!

stackz

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: being offered this boat & trailer for free

looks like some of the boats I'm going to be cutting up for my grandpa.

I'd see if the flywheel is free on that engine before doing anything to it but then again, I do crazy things anyway when "free" is attached to it. :rolleyes:

stampedevxl

Recruit

looks like some of the boats I'm going to be cutting up for my grandpa.

I'd see if the flywheel is free on that engine before doing anything to it but then again, I do crazy things anyway when "free" is attached to it. :rolleyes:

thanks! any ideas what the engine would be worth if its in running condition?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

What R U wanting to do with it? Restore it to use? Part it out? What????
Trailer might be worth $200 if you clean it up and service the axles and get decent tires and make sure the electrical is working.
Motor if it's been setting for to long will need to be serviced and carbs cleaned and flushed, lower unit serviced and eveything lubed and oiled, plugs serviced or changed Gas it up and hook up a battery and try and see if it will turn over. If it starts DON"T run it for more than a few seconds. IF it runs it should be worth 5-6 hundred dollars. Any boat parts will be what ever you can find on Ebay for prices.
If you want to restore it then...Lots of help here on the forum.

stampedevxl

Recruit

not looking to restore it, looks like the inside is too far gone, i stepped inside and on the rear my foot almost went through the floor...
mainly looking to see if i can take advantage of this freebie to make a couple of bucks

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Well, it takes money to make money and there's NO such thing as a FREE BOAT.

Tires
You will HAVE to service the Axles on the Trailer before you move it or you will ruin them.
Parts for the motor, Carbs, Oil, Grease, Plugs etc.

It's all money that you may or may not get back.

It's a gamble but IF you get the Trailer up and going and the Motor Cleaned up and running, Hey you might make a few bucks. Hard to tell.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Heck that Stainless Steel prop should be worth a hundred or more alone. Should be a ton of motor, trailer, and other boat items worth at least $3-500. If the mortor runs then you will be able to sell that for a great profit, just depends how ambitious you are, it would take some time and effort to get the moror started and running, but it isnt rocket science either. I would grab it, and buy your uncle a nice thank you item if you make out well.

fishrdan

Admiral

My thoughts... The ONLY way to make money off that is to search craigslist for some $50 used trailer tires, clean out all the shubbery, haul it down to the local car wash and blast it clean,,, Then sell it on craigslist as a project boat. You'll probably get more money if the outboard runs, but I think it would be a money pit if it costs more than $50 to get it running.

Or, you could part out the outboard on Ebay, sell the trailer as-is and haul the hull down to the dump. I'm not sure it would be worth the effort though...

Oh yeah, if the SS prop is in good condition (not bent or nicked up) that's probably the best part of the boat, $75-100right there.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The best way to make money off that is make the outboard run, remove it from the boat, and sell it. Could worth a grand or so. Rest of it looks like trash. Maybe a couple hundred for the trailer but doubtful if it's real rusted.

Rafael27

Recruit
I would like to know if you still have this boat with the trailer if you still have it please give me a call 727 851 1587 I'll help you located in Florida that's why I live

jbcurt00

Staff member
Its been more then 4yrs

I doubt stampedevxl will ever read your message

Please try to observe how long its been since a topic was active before posting. After 90days w out posts topics should be for reference only, and not posted to.

I wouldnt post my ph# on a public forum or online.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.