• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

can marine vinyl seats be dyed?i

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can marine vinyl seats be dyed?i

Im looking for some white/ turquoise folding highback seats and cant find any anywhere. Could I just buy all white ones and dye the center inlay turquoise? Or buy the vinyl and sew in a turquoise inlay? Any suggestions?

Re: can marine vinyl seats be dyed?i

I recently saw a commercial for a spray paint that was specifically made for vinyl. So you might could tape off the area and spray to your delight. I want to say it was made by rustoleum.

Comment

You should be able to do either. VHT makes a sprayable vinyl dye. It is supposed to be permenant. Dupli color makes a vinyl coating that is more like a paint. I have used that and it holds up for about four to five years. Personally I would try the VHT dye. If you do post some pictures so we can all see the results.
      1992 35' Carver Aft-Cabin Motoryacht
      1977 17' Cruise Boats (Restored)
      http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=469925

Comment

Absolutely! I re-dyed all the seat cushions in my boat and they look factory new. I had a company (Vinyl Pro) color match my existing seat colors. I used SEM dyes - they stock many marine colors with UV protection (http://www.vinylpro.com/page/1374249)

Ben

Comment

Good stuff!...thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
          X