McCulloch Royal 15

ssb33r

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone know anything about the old McCulloch boats?? I picked myself up an "Royal 15" and cant seem to find anything on them. Found her sitting in a scrap metal yard loaded her up and brought her home. She needs the usual tansom and deck replacement but the thing that gets me is it seems to have plastic stringers. They almost look like a peice of plastic pipe cut in half. Cant see this being factory but dont really see any evidence of them being replaced. Sorry dont have any pics of the stringers but do have some crappy pics of the boat. Sorry bout the poor pics but was trying to get some between downpours :)

IMAG0052427x640.jpg

IMAG0053640x427.jpg

IMAG0044427x640.jpg

Its got a short transom now and Ill have to make it taller when I redo the transom for my long shaft suzuki DT65.
If anyone has maybe a link to an old brochure or maybe even some pics of what the original interior looked like that would be great, had a look on fiberglassics and didnt really see anything over there.
Also open to ideas on interior layout if anyone has some ideas :)

Have to say a big THANK YOU to all who run this site and all the members, there is a HUGE wealth of knowledge here.

Will keep this updated as the project moves along and will try to get some more pics up tommorow depending on the rain

tonka27

Recruit
Re: McCulloch Royal 15

I had a 1970 Mculloch Royal 14'.
I rebuilt the interior and installed new seats.
The original stringers were wood and they were rotted so I used new pressure treated wood with fiberglass and a two stage wood sealer.
It was pretty nice once complete.
I sold it and should have kept it.

They may have been sold only by Sears in the early 70's.

That's all I know.