Need Chaparral / Taylor made windshield

Bradsedgwick

Cadet
I need the glass for the front port side for my 2003 chaparral 183ss...my frame is good...I just had the walk through window pop up and crash down breaking the glass out of the port side...I have been quoted $950 to replace just the glass with oem from Taylor made...does anyone know of anyone parting out a chaparral with the same windshield? Anyone know of other boats with the same windshield? I've checked all over the Internet and at the salvage yards but no luck...I just figured I'd made one last effort before I dish out some major dough for the new one...thanks

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Need Chaparral / Taylor made windshield

Probably the most expensive rebuild/replacement item for any boat. You are in a treasure hunt.

The best that can happen is you stumble upon one on ebay or craigslist ............. Have you tried a local glass shop?

mnlaker

Cadet

I know what your going thru. I have 97 Sea Ray 230 BR, & need front 3 sections(each curved & walk thru). I imagine you need curved glass?? The only other option I know of is "Ocean Dynamics" (website). I know they handle curved glass & acrylic windshields. I don't know how much they would charge for what you need, & also I don't know anything else about the company (reputation,etc.). What boat salvage yards?? I am still looking for what I need. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Bradsedgwick

Cadet

Thanks...I did talk to the Ocean Dynamics company...they can replicate it but since its a custom order, the cost is more than the $950 Taylor Made wants...so sounds like just ordering a new one from TM is the only way to go...Ive searched the internet for 3-months looking for a used one...no luck...oh well. Thanks